LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com/AP) — Amber Heard is withdrawing allegations that Johnny Depp physically abused her and has settled her divorce case with the Oscar-nominated actor.
A source familiar with the case not authorized to speak publicly says Heard’s lawyers are filing a dismissal of her temporary restraining order against Depp on Tuesday.
A call to Heard’s lawyer Pierce O’Donnell was not immediately returned.
A joint statement issued by Depp and Heard reads as follows: “Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love. Neither party has made false accusations for financial gain. There was never any intent of physical or emotional harm.”
Heard wishes “nothing but the best for Johnny” and plans to “donate financial proceeds from the divorce to a charity,” according to the statement.
The actress filed for divorce in May and days later obtained a temporary restraining order accusing the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star of hitting her during a fight in their Los Angeles apartment in May. Depp denied he abused her, and police said they found no evidence of a crime.
A hearing on the case had been scheduled to begin Wednesday.
(TM and © Copyright 2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)