GLENDALE  (  —  Authorities on Sunday evening chased a suspect in a stolen police vehicle.

The drove recklessly on surface streets doing around 70 mph in Temple City, Alhambra, Hollywood, Universal City and Glendale.

READ MORE: Jacqueline Avant, Wife Of Music Executive Clarence Avant, Found Shot To Death In Beverly Hills Home Invasion

At the end of the pursuit, after about an hour, police rammed the suspect’s vehicle in Glendale. The suspect reversed in an attempt to flee and rammed a patrol car.

There were unconfirmed reports that shots were fired at the end of the pursuit. Police did not confirm the report.

Police began chasing the suspect about 9:45 p.m. in the Walnut/Industry area, according to Desmond Shaw in Sky9.

The suspect is believed to have stolen the car from West Covina Police. It was unclear if police know who the suspect is.

Around 10:10 p.m. the suspect went northbound on the 101 Freeway near downtown.

Many motorists got out of the suspect’s way believing, of course, that he was a law enforcement officer.

The suspect picked up speed after getting on the 170 Freeway.  “He’s close to triple-digit speeds,” Shaw reported.

He appeared to get off the freeway at Sherman Way, Shaw reported.

The suspect was being pursued by several law enforcement agencies by ground and air.

After getting off the 170, the suspect doubled-back and appeared to be doing a loop around the San Fernando Valley.

The suspect got off the 101 Freeway in Hollywood and started going east on Hollywood Boulevard.

READ MORE: FBI Raids Northridge Residence For Fraud Case

The driver took narrow side streets, blew through stop signs and stop lights.

“This is one of the most nerve-wracking chases we have seen in quite some time,” said Peter Daut, anchoring on KCAL9.

It was unclear if the police car contained any weapons. No pedestrians have been injured.

Police rammed a stolen police car (above) and ended a chase that lasted about an hour Sunday evening.

(credit: CBS)

While the suspect drove recklessly on freeways and surface streets, he didn’t appear to have hit anyone or anything.

The pursuit ended in Glendale.

Around 10:42, three police cruisers rammed into the suspect’s vehicle. His wheels began smoking as he apparently tried to reverse.

A cloud of smoke appeared under the stolen vehicle and another patrol car. It was unclear if the suspect was being fired on. After a few minutes, police re-holstered their weapons. There was no movement seen in the vehicle and no suspect got out.

Around 11:15, Shaw reported that police put a tarp over the driver’s side door suggesting the suspect was dead.




MORE NEWS: 'Survivor 41' Episode 11 Recap: Do Or Die