LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com)  —  Authorities said four small dogs were killed Sunday morning when an  apparent electrical fire broke out in a mobile home parked in the Valley Glen area.

Firefighters were called to the 63oo block of Sunnyslope Avenue around 10:45 a.m. after several callers reported hearing dogs barking in a burning “van-based mobile home” that was parked curbside, Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles  Fire Department said.

READ MORE: Swimming Champion 'Mighty Mo' Maurine Kornfeld Celebrates Her 100th Birthday

Firefighters were able to get a quick handle on the fire but all the dogs were beyond help and pronounced dead  at the scene, Humphrey said.

READ MORE: No Burn Order In Effect Through Tuesday For Many Parts Of Southland

The owner returned to the van and was offered comfort and reassurance by  firefighters and told how to obtain  additional services.

MORE NEWS: 2-Year-Old Conchita Dies After Fall During Los Alamitos Race; Second Filly Not This World Also Injured

The man had been using a solar-powered trickle charger that is suspected of  sparking the blaze, Humphrey said.