BRENTWOOD (CBSLA.com) — More than two decades after Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman were murdered, a new TV series has renewed interest in the O.J. Simpson case and brought unwanted attention to a Brentwood neighborhood.
Residents there are not happy as lookie-loos return to the crime scene.READ MORE: Davis' 28 Lead Kings To 2nd Straight Win Over Clippers
The address of the condo on S. Bundy Drive where Nicole and Ron were killed nearly 22 years ago has been changed to keep the onlookers away.
But thanks to the miniseries called “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story” airing on cable, the visitors are back.READ MORE: Family Of 18-Year-Old Garret Hayward, Killed By Suspected DUI Driver, Hold Emotional Vigil
Sona Abramian told CBS2/KCAL9’s Dave Lopez she was a little girl during the Simpson saga. “I’m an adult now. So I think I understand more now, especially watching the show. I do understand so much more,” she said. “When they started hyping up the movie, I’m like OK, this should be interesting. But I didn’t expect it to be this good.”
“I just watched the show last week, and I remember the place. Just want to check the place out again” said Norman Montemeyor who was also spotted outside the condo on Tuesday.
People living around the property have reported increased foot and vehicle traffic lately and do not welcome the unwanted publicity.MORE NEWS: In Wake Of Recent Crime Uptick, Beverly Hills Hires More Officers And Increases Patrols
TMZ reports the condo was empty for two years after the murders on June 12, 1994. It sold for nearly $600,000 in 1997 and again in 2006 for $1.7 million.