SAN BERNARDINO (CBS/AP) — Authorities investigating the attack that killed 14 people last month in San Bernardino are seeking the public’s help in filling out the timeline of the assailants’ moves that day.

Los Angeles FBI official David Bowdich said at a news conference Tuesday that investigators are specifically seeking information about an 18-minute gap in the timeline between the deadly attack at the Inland Regional Center and the shootout in which both attackers were killed.

Bowditch says investigators hope to find out if the assailants contacted anyone in that Dec. 2 period, between 12:59 p.m. and 1:17 p.m.

Anyone who was in San Bernardino or Redlands the day of the shootings with photographic, video or other information about the case who have not already been in contact with law enforcement can call 1 (800) CALL FBI (225-5324) and choose Option 4.

(TM and © Copyright 2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments