CATHEDRAL CITY (CBS/AP) — A Riverside County task force has arrested 10 people after serving search warrants on residences of suspected gang members and associates in Cathedral City and the surrounding area.
The Sheriff’s Department says the searches at 16 Riverside County locations Thursday resulted in confiscation of eight firearms, about a thousand rounds of ammunition and high capacity magazines.
Also seized were more than 1,500 grams of suspected marijuana, approximately 10 grams of suspected hashish, about a thousand dollars in cash and items related to drug sales.
Those arrested during the raids were identified as:
- Christopher Martinez, 22, of Cathedral City
- Jacob Winters, 21, of Cathedral City
- Michael Tagle, 37, of Desert Hot Springs
- Rogelio Velasquez, 25, of Rancho Mirage
- Monica Sanchez, 25, of Rancho Mirage
- Samuel Reyes, 18, of Rancho Mirage
- Louis Serrano, 24, of Cathedral City
- Daniel Torres, 21, of Cathedral City
- Daniel Ayala, 19, of Cathedral City
- Trevor Garcia, 22, of Cathedral City
Winters, Tagle, Reyes, Serrano, Torres, Ayala and Garcia were arrested on suspicion of various drug and weapons charges. Martinez, Velasquez and Sanchez were arrested in connection with parole violations and misdemeanor warrants.
(TM and © Copyright 2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)