The new season of “Survivor” takes place in Cambodia and is themed “Second Chance.” It will features 20 castaways from past editions who were voted for by fans to have another shot at being named “Sole Survivor.” For one tribe, old-school thinking battles new-school strategy when the two distinct groups try to take control of the game.
The castaways span all 30 seasons of “Survivor” and include:
- Kelly Wiglesworth (season one)
- Kimmi Kappenberg and Jeff Varner (season two)
- Andrew Savage (season seven)
- Terry Deitz (season 12)
- Peih-Gee Law (season 15)
- Stephen Fishbach (season 18)
- Monica Padilla (season 19)
- Abi-Maria Gomes (season 25)
- Ciera Eastin and Vytas Baskauskas (season 27)
- Kass McQuillen, Woo Hwang, Tasha Fox and Spencer Bledsoe (season 28)
- Keith Nale, Kelley Wentworth and Jeremy Collins (season 29)
- Joe Anglim and Shirin Oskooi (season 30)
“Wiglesworth’s story is sort of the epitome of the second chance, she made it to the end and she lost by a single vote to the now infamous Richard Hatch,” said host Jeff Probst of season one runner up Kelly Wiglesworth. “Out of the gate I think Kelly does have to prove something either physically or socially that I am here to play and you can count on me.”
Probst gives his thoughts on all of the castaway and their chance of being named, “Sole Survivor.”
“Survivor” returns for its 31st season on Wednesday, September 23rd at 8/7c.
For more CBS Local Inside Look videos, click here.