SIMI VALLEY (CBSLA.com) — A Chipotle restaurant in the Simi Valley Town Center is under fire Saturday after multiple reports of customers falling ill after eating at the restaurant have surfaced.
Chipotle issued an official statement on Saturday, claiming that, “The safety and well being of our customers is always our highest priority. When we were contacted by customers who reported feeling poorly after visiting our restaurant in Simi Valley, we immediately began a review of the incident, and have taken all of the necessary steps to ensure that it is safe to eat there.”READ MORE: Several Cows Escape From Meatpacking Plant In Pico Rivera, 1 Killed By Deputies
Many people are claiming they got sick after eating at the Chipotle in Simi Valley on Wednesday.
Kam Zreik was one of those who began to feel ill after eating the popular chain restaurant.
“I was throwing up a lot,” Zreik said. “My aunt who works in the ER told me 19 people came in the night I got sick with food poisoning,” he added.READ MORE: 'Absolutely Horrifying': Man Says Hawthorne Police Altercation Left Him Blind In Right Eye
Zreik also claimed to have had a temperature of 101 degrees, which is when he went into a doctor and received an IV for dehydration.
After several instances and reports similar to Zreik’s claims, the restaurant closed business down for a brief period of time before reopening on Saturday.
The restaurant was closed, according to a sign posted on the door, because of a “lack of staffing” issue.
On the website,”Iwaspoisoned.com”, more than a dozen people posted the same symptoms Zreik described after eating at the same Chipotle on Wednesday.MORE NEWS: Lakers' Alex Caruso Arrested In Texas For Alleged Marijuana Possession
We did reach out to the health department in hopes of finding out exactly what caused all of these people to fall ill, but our calls were not returned.