WOODLAND HILLS (CBSLA.com) — Deputies Thursday were in a standoff with a 70-year-old woman threatening to shoot people inside a mobile-home park in Woodland Hills.

Los Angeles County fighters contacted the LA County Sheriff’s Department about 5:45 a.m. to report a person in distress in the clubhouse at Woodland Park Mobile Estates, 4201 Topanga Canyon Blvd.

READ MORE: Los Angeles Receives $224 Million Loan From EPA For Water Recycling Project

When authorities arrived, the unidentified woman was being attended to by paramedics when she pulled out a firearm and pointed it at a firefighter and deputies.

She then fled between mobile homes and barricaded herself in a back yard, officials said.

“I heard a lot of yelling, like ‘Get down! Get down!’ ” resident Sherri Delaplane said.

Residents in surrounding homes were asked to evacuate.

“She wanted to kill all cops, then our government, people who watch TV too much. I mean, she wasn’t well,” resident Karen McCauley said.

Crisis negotiators were attempting to make contact with the woman.

“We’re using less-lethal shields, robots, and we’re trying to go as slow and as compassionate as we can at this point,” Sheriff’s Department Capt. Patrick Daveren said.

READ MORE: LADWP Extends Moratorium on Utility Shutoffs

At one point, she fired twice at a robot.

CBS2’s Jeff Nguyen, reporting from the scene, said at one point the woman could be seen using a broom to try to push away the robot. She could also be seen throwing a towel over the robot.

The Fire Department even used a hose but as of 4:30 p.m., the woman has refused to give up.

“I went to my bedroom. I open the door. And I saw a woman waiting there [outside]. She’s shivering, and I ask her to leave. She said, ‘No, I cannot leave.’ I said well you’re not supposed to be here. She said ‘Well, I’m here and I cannot walk.’ And I raised my voice and she put the gun on me. And I back up and I close the door,” said neighbor Gabriel Vahva.

Nguyen also spoke to a neighbor who said the woman has never been a problem.

“She is very kind. She’s always been very pleasant to us, everyone. We walk by we say hi. She’s got lots of kitty cats. She’s a great lady. For her to do this, it doesn’t make any sense. The only thing I can think of is that she’s very depressed,” said Denise Folling.

As of 11 p.m., the standoff was continuing.

Officials told CBS2’s Daut they don’t remember a longer or stranger standoff as hour 18 approached.

MORE NEWS: Lynwood High School Renovations May Be Coming Soon

No injuries have been reported.