HANCOCK PARK (CBSLA.com) — Police are searching for a pair of men who broke into a home in Hancock Park while the homeowner was inside, and the brazen crime was caught on camera.

The owner of the home in the 600 block of Mansfield Avenue told KCAL9’s Peter Daut that he was inside around 10:30 a.m. on March 1 when someone knocked on the door.

READ MORE: 101 Freeway In Boyle Heights To Be Shut Down This Weekend For More Sixth Street Bridge Work

No one answered the door, and several minutes later the video shows the man  pulling up in car with someone else, parking right in front of the driveway, and as neighbors walk by the man eventually gets out of the car, and his accomplice parks up the street. The video then shows the two walking around the side of the house before ending up in the backyard.

What they did not know is that the homeowner was watching from his computer connected to the security system, while on the phone with 9-1-1.

“I said I’m literally watching them on my cameras,” said the homeowner.

The pair decided to grab a chair to climb onto the roof, but one of the suspects fell.

“I got a chuckle out of it, but it didn’t make me any less mad,” the homeowner said.

READ MORE: Mammoth Mountain To Open 2 Weeks Early On Halloween Weekend

Undeterred, the two then tiptoe to a table and put on gloves. The man in the white shirt holds a screwdriver and tries to pull himself up again. The other guy, visibly nervous, appears to pray and even makes the sign of the cross.

“The fact that he’s praying to God that he doesn’t get caught while he’s doing a crime is unfathomable to me,” the homeowner said.

But once they broke into an upstairs window, “the alarm went off which alerted them,” the homeowner said.

The two took off empty-handed.

The homeowner said he wants the young burglars to answer for their actions.

“To see kids making poor decision like that with no one telling them what to do is really sad,” he said.

MORE NEWS: California Drivers Ranked Fourth-Worst In The Nation

The homeowner says he’s lived in the house for less than a year, but this is actually the second time he’s been burglarized. The suspects in the first crime were arrested, and there’s no connection to this latest case.