CORONA (CBSLA.com) — The Corona Fire Department on Friday reported the rescue of a cat from a home’s chimney.
Engine 2 responded to a public service report of a cat that had been stuck inside a chimney for four hours, they wrote on Facebook.
Morty somehow managed to get wedged in a tiny space above the chimney flue.
Probationary Firefighter Estes and Firefighter Irvin were able to disassemble the flue and retrieve the smoky, sooty kitty.
Engineer Apodaca administered oxygen, as the cat was lethargic.
Apodaca then made contact with Sunnymead Animal Hospital where his cousin, Heather Ontiveros, works as a veterinarian.
According to the Corona Fire Department, Ontiveros was able to provide phone consultation for Morty’s care.
The Fire Department wrote, “Morty is doing fine and he still has 8 lives left.”
For more about the Corona Fire Department, click here.