STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Want to dine like a star?
Executive Chef David Codney from The Peninsula Beverly Hills visited the KCAL9 studios Friday to show viewers what they are serving Hollywood’s elite during awards season.
The Peninsula Beverly Hills is the only AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five Star-rated hotel in Southern California for 23 consecutive years.
The hotel’s restaurant, The Belvedere, is the only AAA Five Diamond-rated restaurant in Los Angeles for 20 consecutive years.
Serves 4 large hors d’oeuvres
4ea Small Brioche Rolls
5oz Fresh Lobster Tail
1 ½ Tblsp Sour Cream
1 Tblsp Mayonnaise
½ tsp Chopped Capers
1ea lemon ( ½ tsp zest, ¼ whole juiced)
1/2tsp Shallot chopped fine
1bu Chervil ( ½ tsp chopped)
1bu Tarragon ( ½ tsp chopped
1bu Fennel Fronds ( ½ tsp chopped)
1 pinch Espellette Powder
½ oz Favorite Caviar of choice
1) Bring to a boil a small pot of water seasoned liberally with salt. Turn off heat, place tail in water, cover, and cook for 7min. Remove from water and let cool.
2) Take cooked lobster meat out of the shell and dice small (removing any discoloration)
3) Add remaining ingredients
4) Adjust for more salt and pepper if needed.
5) Optional Garnish with favorite Caviar or fish roe