STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Lifestyle expert Amy Sewell visited the KCAL9 studios Friday to go over all the DO’s and DON’T’s for Valentine’s Day.
• Know if the relationship is exclusive. If you aren’t absolutely certain, giving a gift may create an awkward situation!
• Do give a gift that reflects where you currently are in the relationship. Don’t try to use a gift to force the relationship to a new level.
• Keep it light, and appropriate to the nature and duration of your relationship, such as flowers (Teleflora), chocolates (Edward Marc), wine (Josh Cellars and Barone Fini), or tickets to a concert or event you can enjoy together.
• Don’t give a gift that indicates you are already planning a future together, such as a photo of the two of you in a giant heart-shaped frame or a photo album of pictures from your first month together!
• Women, don’t give him a gift unless he gives you one. It may sound old-fashioned, but most guys prefer to take the lead.
• Men, remember that women may interpret your gift as a sign of how you view the relationship. If you’ve only been dating for a week, lingerie or very expensive jewelry may make her question your motives.