TUJUNGA (CBSLA.com) — A dry Christmas tree sparked a fire inside a home in Tujunga but everyone was able to get out safely.

Firefighters responded at 5:34 p.m. Saturday to the 6400 block of O Donnell Lane, according to Erik Scott of the Los Angeles Fire Department. They managed to put out the blaze in approximately half an hour.

They say there were working smoke detectors in the house.

Fire officials say the incident serves as a public reminder to remove dry trees out of the house before they become a fire danger.

 

Comments (3)

Leave a Reply