TUJUNGA (CBSLA.com) — A dry Christmas tree sparked a fire inside a home in Tujunga but everyone was able to get out safely.

Firefighters responded at 5:34 p.m. Saturday to the 6400 block of O Donnell Lane, according to Erik Scott of the Los Angeles Fire Department. They managed to put out the blaze in approximately half an hour.

READ MORE: Indicted Trump Ally Thomas Barrack Granted $250 Million Bond, Ordered To Wear GPS Monitoring Bracelet

They say there were working smoke detectors in the house.

READ MORE: Body Found In Lake At Mile Square Park In Fountain Valley

Fire officials say the incident serves as a public reminder to remove dry trees out of the house before they become a fire danger.

MORE NEWS: Tickets On Sale For Return Of Halloween Horror Nights At Universal Studios Hollywood