LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The mayor’s office announced that the City’s Bureau of Sanitation will pick up Christmas trees at the curb for free.
“Getting rid of a Christmas tree can be a hassle and dried-out trees are a fire danger, so we want to make it easy and free for Angelenos to dispose of them,” Mayor Garcetti said. “Because we recycle the trees, we save money and avoid taking them to landfills, too.”
Garcetti explained that the trees will be recycled into compost and mulch.
Residents can have trees taken away by cutting them up, and placing them inside or next to green waste bins on collection day.
All ornaments, decorations, tinsels and stands must be removed prior to leaving them out for disposal.
On Jan. 4, 2015, residents will be able to drop off their trees at the following locations from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
- Rancho Cienega Recreation Center: 5001 Rodeo Road, Baldwin Hills
- Balboa Sports Center: 17015 Burbank Boulevard, Encino
- LA Zoo Parking Lot: Junction of Golden State 5 Freeway and Ventura 134 Freeways, Griffith Park
- Cheviot Hills Recreation Center: 2551 Motor Avenue, Rancho Park
- Sunland Park: 8651 Foothill Boulevard, Sunland
- Westchester Municipal Building: 7166 West Manchester Avenue, Westchester
- Bel-Air Fire Station: 107 South Beverly Glen Boulevard
- Crenshaw Fire Station: 4470 Coliseum Street
- Cypress Park Fire Station: 1410 Cypress Avenue
- Hancock Park Fire Station: 4029 West Wilshire Boulevard
- Hollywood Fire Station: 5769 Hollywood Boulevard
- Franklin Canyon: 12520 Mulholland Drive
- Porter Ranch: 11641 Corbin Avenue
- Sherman Oaks: 5101 North Sepulveda Boulevard
- South Los Angeles Fire Stations: 1192 East 51st Street, 10811 South Main Street
- Sun Valley Fire Station: 9224 Sunland Boulevard
- Watts Fire Station: 1801 East Century Boulevard
- West Hills Fire Station: 23004 Roscoe Boulevard
Click here for the latest information regarding pickup times and locations.