STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Giving Tuesday celebrates its third year this week, dedicated to giving back after several days of holiday spending.
Melissa Lake, Executive Director of the ONEHOPE Foundation, visited the KCAL9 studios Monday to show off some charity-minded products and to talk about a new IndieGoGo campaign.
The ONEHOPE Foundation is the world’s first social impact foundation, focused on creating a commerce movement where everyday purchases give back – think ONEHOPE Wine, Warby Parker and Toms!
If every Fortune 500 company donated just 1 percent of its revenue from 2013, all of the following could be achieved:
- Provide access to clean drinking water to every person who does not currently have access for life
- Eradicate polio, malaria, and all seven Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Feed every person without access to food for one year
- Educate every child without access to schooling for one year
- Plant 1 billion trees
- Protect all of the world’s oceans
- End homelessness in the US
- …and save over 7.7 million lives in doing so.
There are currently 12 companies who have collectively donated over $1.5 million to over 200 charities thus far through the ONEHOPE Foundation. Some include:
- Soapbox Soaps – every soap provides soap for someone in need
- Boll & Branch – every product provides shelter for a victim of human trafficking
- ONEHOPE Wine – every bottle makes an impact for an associated cause
- ONEHOPE Coffee – every bag provides microloans to help break the cycle of poverty
- Golden Plains Bison Meat – every product educates Native American child on their risk of obesity
- Bloom2Bloom – every bouquet plants a tree
On Giving Tuesday, ONEHOPE Foundation will launch its first-ever crowd-funding campaign through IndieGoGo. A donation of just $10 will allow ONEHOPEto turn those $10 into $500 for those in need.