BRENTWOOD (CBSLA.com) — Actress Gwyneth Paltrow hosted a Democratic fundraiser Thursday, and President Barack Obama was the star attraction.
The event at Paltrow’s Brentwood home attracted other notables from Hollywood, including Julia Roberts and basketball great Elgin Baylor, among others.READ MORE: Kempe's Two Goals Help Put Kings Over Oilers, 5-1
Tickets ranged from $1,000 to more than $3,200 to dine with Obama.
Earlier in the day, the president participated in a town hall with members of the Cross Campus community, which is a shared space for entrepreneurs and startups in Santa Monica.
At the event, he addressed the economy and immigration.
“As we’re seeing here is the way the technology is changing, not just how you do business, not just how you buy products, but also how you interact, how you organize politically, how you get involved in the community and how you solve problems,” he said. “All of that can support millions of new jobs.”
Another busy day is slated Friday for Obama.
He is expected in San Dimas, where a portion of the San Gabriel Mountain range will be declared a national monument. He will then depart for San Francisco for another Democratic fundraiser.
Meanwhile, officials said a hard closure will remain in effect through 6 p.m. Friday along Hilgard Avenue between Le Conte and Weyburn avenues in the Westwood Village.READ MORE: Woman Found Shot To Death In South LA, Shooting Suspect Still At-Large
In addition, the following areas should be avoided when possible:
• Wilshire Boulevard between Veteran & Comstock avenues from 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m.;
• Beverly Glen Boulevard between Ashton Avenue & Bellagio Road from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.;
• Sunset Boulevard between Hilgard Avenue & Carolwood Drive from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.;
• Beverly Glen Boulevard between Bellagio Road & Pico Boulevard from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.;
• Pico Boulevard between Prosser Avenue & Century Park East from 10:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m.;
For live traffic updates, tune-in to KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO.
RELATED STORIES:Man Found Dead In Dumpster In South Los Angeles