WOODLAND HILLS (CBSLA.com) — A 72-year-old woman has sued a San Fernando Valley hair salon, alleging she ate a cooking laced with marijuana from a hospitality tray left out for customers.

Jo Ann Nickerson is suing Blush Salon, 22539 Ventura Boulevard, for negligence, strict product liability and negligent infliction of emotional distress, according to a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

READ MORE: FDA Advisory Panel Recommends Emergency Use Authorization For Johnson & Johnson Booster

The Calabasas resident claims she visited the salon on Oct. 4, 2013 for beauty services. As she was leaving, she took a cookie from a tray for patrons and ate it.

Within an hour, Nickerson said she developed “a severe reaction, including hallucinations, rapid heart beat, confusion, disorientation, light-headedness, dizziness, blurred vision, tingling, a headache and nausea,” the suit says. “She found herself unable to speak or had delayed speech and was completely incapacitated.”

The elderly woman thought she was having a heart attack and was hospitalized. A blood test found THC, the chemical responsible for most of marijuana’s psychological effects, in her system, according to her lawsuit.

READ MORE: Some Parent Groups Proposing Monday 'Sit-Outs' At Schools To Protest Against Vaccine Mandates

Nickerson said she had never used marijuana in her life.

Salon management had no comment.

Nickerson is seeking unspecified damages.

MORE NEWS: Section Of MacArthur Park To Close To Begin Repairs, Maintenance Work

(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)