STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Justin Leyvas and Pastry Chef Juan Sanchez, part of the Innovative Dining Group, stopped by KCAL9 Friday to give viewers a taste of some unique desserts in celebration of Sunday being National S’mores Day.
Sanchez made Sushi Roku‘s Zen S’mores. Here’s the recipe:
- Chocolate Ganache: 12 oz butter, 1 ½ lb chocolate chips, ½ cup heavy cream, 1 tsp salt
- Heat the butter, chocolate, heavy cream, and salt in a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring constantly. When all ingredients are melted, place on a half sheet pan and freeze. Cut into pieces as desired.
- Green Tea Chocolate Truffles: 10 oz butter, 1 ½ lb white chocolate, ½ cup cream, 1 tsp salt, 10 grams matcha (green tea) powder
- Cook the butter, chocolate, heavy cream, and salt in a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring constantly, then add green tea powder. When all ingredients are melted place on a half sheet pan and freeze. Cut into pieces as desired.
- Marshmallow Sauce: 3 cups heavy cream, 15 house-made marshmallows, ½ cup sugar
- Combine all the ingredients and boil till melted.
- Graham Cracker “Sand”: ¾ cup of graham crackers pulverized in food processor.
- Esbit solid fuel tablets and a ceramic bowl (for open flame): sold at camping stores, usually used for cooking
- 10 pc housemade marshmallows, cut in ½
- Graham cracker “sand” spread out on plate, and “raked” to look like a zen garden
- 10 pc chocolate ganache
- 5 pc green tea truffles
- ½ cup marshmallow sauce
- Place marshmallows, truffles, and marshmallow sauce around the perimeter of the plate, with the ceramic bowl and Esbit tablets at the center of plate
- Light flame, serve with skewers and enjoy!
BOA Steakhouse Sunset also offers a popular gluten-free s’mores dessert, the S’mores 5.0, which has decadent flour-less dark chocolate cake, toasted homemade vanilla marshmallow “fluff,” gluten-free graham cracker cookies and milk chocolate ice cream.