STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Matrix stylist George Papanikolas visited the KCAL9 studios Tuesday to share some of the latest summer hair trends!
SUMMER BUNREAD MORE: Fire Breaks Out In Restaurant Of Downtown LA High-Rise, One Hurt
Biolage VOLUMEBLOOM Full-Lift Volumizer Spray ($16, Visit Matrix.com for salon locations)
Take hair to higher heights with the new and revamped Biolage volumizing spray from, which carries the bio-technology of a cotton flower. This spray adds bounce, movement, and plumps overall volume of hair by expanding fine hair textures. By multiplying inter-fiber space, the volumizing spray is able to build long-lasting volume with flexible polymers, for fullness that doesn’t fall flat.
Biolage SMOOTHPROOF Serum ($16, Visit Matrix.com for salon locations)
Biolage faces the challenge of coarse frizzy hair with the new serum from their SMOOTHPROOF line. This lightweight, multifunctional serum includes three benefits (tames frizz and flyaways while adding shine) and is inspired by the water-repellent Camellia flower. It also acts as a heat protectant against styling tools, to maintain smooth styles for up to 72 hours.
1. Ideal for when the humidity is just too much too handle and can be done on second (or even third) day hair. The more texture, the better
2. Spray hair (damp or dry) with Biolage Volumebloom Full-Lift Spray for texture and height
3. If hair is wet, turn head upside down and dry with a large round brush
4. Tease the crown and pull hair into a ponytail of the nape of the neck
5. Backcomb pieces of the pony as appropriate to add volume, especially if you have fine hair
6. Secure pieces with bobby pieces into a bun shape
7. Finish the look with Biolage Smoothproof Serum to tame flyaways along the face
Total Results Heat Resist Iron Tamer ($16, Visit Matrix.com for salon locations)
It adds a silky, smooth protective layer to your hair before and during the blow drying process, and even works while you’re thermal ironing. The Iron Tamer is designed to work with all heat styling tools as it reduces friction and enhances the thermal styling experience. The Iron Tamer carries a unique Heat Screen Technology and is formulated with a Hydra-Sugar complex that binds to the hair fiber to prevent critical moisture loss.
Biolage Complete Control Hairspray ($16, Visit Matrix.com for salon locations)
A fast-drying hairspray that delivers adjustable control while adding body and volume to finish any natural looking style. Soft- to medium-hold formula leaves hair flexible and natural-looking. Blue agave nectar thrives in harsh conditions by retaining moisture and nourishment.
1. Apply Total Results Heat Resist Iron Tamer to damp hair
2. Blowdry as usual
3. With a 1-inch curling iron, curl hair, leaving out the ends
4. Unravel and while still hot, pull on the curl to loosen up and create a beachy texture
5. Flip hair upside down and finish with Biolage Styling Complete Control Hairspray for added texture and grip