LOS ANGELES (AP) — A popular trail head to the Hollywood Sign will be closed for more than a month so that crews can install a new gate to prevent trespassers at night.

Los Angeles City Councilman Tom LaBonge tells the Los Angeles Times that the blocked access to the Hollyridge trail head would only last for five weeks. LaBonge says the city decided to replace the old T-bar gate with a more secure barrier.

READ MORE: Republican Gubernatorial Hopefuls Take Debate Stage Wednesday Night

LaBonge says the trail head will be open from dawn to dusk to tourists and hikers once the new gate is installed.

READ MORE: Suspected Corona Movie Theater Shooter, Joseph Jimenez, Reportedly Confesses

Nearby residents have complained about traffic in the area. Last year, some put up posters in the neighborhood telling visitors to stay away.

MORE NEWS: No Apology From Department After 5-Year-Old Boy Bitten By South Pasadena Police K9 Tuesday At National Night Out Event

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)