BEVERLY HILLS (CBSLA.com) — Traffic and parking will be affected Sunday in the area near the Beverly Hilton Hotel as preparations get underway for the 71st annual Golden Globes.
The Beverly Hills Police Department said drivers in the area should also expect delays.READ MORE: Father Of 3 Slain Children Visits Memorial Outside Reseda Apartment Complex, Mother In Custody
On Saturday the police also announced:
• Santa Monica Blvd will be closed from Wilshire Boulevard to Century Park East on Sunday, from 9 a.m. to midnight. Little Santa Monica Boulevard will remain open during this time.
• Whittier Drive from Lomitas Avenue to Wilshire Boulevard will be closed to through traffic. Although closed to through traffic, residents who live on Whittier Drive, between Wilshire and Elevado Avenue will be allowed vehicular access to their residences in the lane provided along the east curb. Police Department personnel will be present at the location to assist and control traffic flow.
• No parking will be allowed on Whittier Drive between Lomitas Avenue and Wilshire Boulevard. The “No Parking” restriction on Whittier Drive will be enforced from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. No exemptions are allowed in this area.READ MORE: Staff, Students Evacuated Safely, Suspect In Custody After Reports Of Man With Rifle Prompted Lockdown Of Sylmar High School
• Additionally, to minimize potential parking problems to surrounding residential streets, “No Parking” signs will be posted that restrict street parking from 6 a.m. to midnight, on the following streets:
– Elevado Drive – between Wilshire Boulevard and Walden Drive
– Trenton Drive – between Whittier Drive and Wilshire Boulevard
– Carmelita Avenue – between Wilshire Boulevard and Walden DriveMORE NEWS: 1 Dead, 1 Wounded In Shooting At Tennessee High School
– Walden Drive – between Santa Monica Boulevard and Whittier Drive