— Investigators have determined that a blaze inside a Loyola Marymount University dormitory Saturday was an electrical fire.

KCAL9’s Bobby Kaple reported the fire broke out just after 8:40 p.m. in an on-campus dormitory on the third floor of the Hannon Apartments.

No students were injured in the blaze, which took 38 firefighters 14 minutes to knock down, the Los Angeles Fire Department reported.

The fire caused an estimated $14,000 in damages.

Two LMU security officers were treated for possible smoke inhalation and released at the scene.

Students are being told to avoid the apartment building as a precaution.

As many as 11 students were displaced by the fire and relocated to other on-campus accommodations, the LAFD said.

(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments (2)

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE