POMONA (CBSLA.com)  — An auction for a foreclosed home was shut down Wednesday over stray voltage concerns in a Redondo Beach neighborhood.

READ MORE: Police Searching For Suspect Who Set Homeless Man On Fire As He Slept In Santa Monica's Ozone Park

CBS2’s Adrianna Weingold reported that Tom Stolpman, an attorney representing the former owners of a home at 806 S. Prospect Avenue, told prospective buyers about stray voltage from a SoCal Edison substation that caused his clients, the Contreras family, repeated illness.

Last year, Mary Contreras told CBS2 about the sickness she and her family suffered.

“I have a daughter who is, unfortunately, ill. She has a lot of gastrointestinal problems, where half of her esophagus is paralyzed,” she said.

Stolpman said the Contreras family became so sick, they had to move out. Their home went into foreclosure because they couldn’t afford to pay rent on top of their existing mortgage.

“We feel that no one should buy that house thinking that it’s safe to live in when we believe it’s inherently unsafe and dangerous,” he said.

Simona Wilson, who lives in the same area as the Contreras family, filed a lawsuit against Edison after she said she suffered from low-voltage electrocution from her shower head becoming electrically charged.

READ MORE: Attorney: Police Confirm Brian Laundrie's Remains Were Found In Florida Nature Reserve

Wilson, who lived in the home for four years, ended up in the emergency room on numerous occasions. A jury recently ruled in her favor and she was awarded more than $4 million.

Meantime, the case involving the home on Prospect Avenue is still pending.

Stolpman said the Contreras’ want Edison to buy back their home at fair market value, as well as compensate them for medical problems they suffered while living in the home.

Edison did not have anyone available to comment on this story.


$4 Million Settlement Reached In Edison Stray Voltage Case

Redondo Beach Residents Still Concerned About Stray Voltage

MORE NEWS: Authorities Seek Help Finding Missing Person, Ajah Deanne Yancey, In Norwalk

South Redondo Beach Residents Believe Stray Voltage Is Causing Unexplained Illnesses