STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Crunched for time making dinner?READ MORE: Food Truck Crashes In Vernon; One Dead
Sarah Auerswald and Yvonne Condes, the founders of MomsLA.com, stopped by KCAL9 Friday to discuss how to make family-friendly after school dinner in 18 minutes or less!READ MORE: `Solidarity' Cited In New Deal For 40k Behind-the-Scenes Film & TV Workers
Their website is decided to motherhood the way it could only happen in Los Angeles.MORE NEWS: Child, 18 Months, Killed in North Hills Crash
Auerswald and Condes shared the recipe for Mandarin Orange Chicken with Broccoli, Bell Peppers and Brown Rice:
- 1 box Crazy Cuizine Mandarin Orange Chicken package (chicken & sauce)
- Ready-made frozen brown rice packets (2), cooked according to manufacturer’s directions
- 2 broccoli florets, 2 red bell peppers (pre-cut)
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- Thaw unopened sauce packet. Set aside.
- Bake Mandarin Orange Chicken on a baking sheet for 15-18 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- While chicken is baking, heat oil in a large skillet and add veggies.
- Cook veggies for 6-8 minutes until tender.
- Add baked chicken to vegetables.
- Warm sauce in separate pan over medium-low heat then pour over chicken and veggies. Mix to coat well.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!