STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — What a better way to celebrate the Fourth of July than with beer and barbeque!READ MORE: WeHo Follow-Home-Robbery Early Saturday Morning Under Investigation By Sheriff's Detectives
Fireman’s Brew co-founder Rob Nowaczyk and Chef Mo Bernard stopped by KCAL9 Thursday to share some quick tips on how to best pair beers and summer BBQ foods!
Lighter beers pair best with lighter dishes!
- When it comes to pairing beer and food the first thing you want to do is match flavor intensities because this will help bring out the best flavors in each.
- Look for lighter beers like Fireman’s Brew Blonde, Heineken or Blue Moon to match with delicate (or lighter) dishes.
- Smoother/crisper beers like Fireman’s Brew Blonde pair up great with grilled chicken or fish.
Darker beers pair best with bolder dishes!
- Malty beers like our Fireman’s Brew Redhead or Brunette pair better with smoked or roasted foods like hamburgers, bratwurst and ribs, because they complement the intensity of their flavor.
Darker beers also pair well with sweet and spicy dishes!
- These pair up great with richer dishes that boast a sweet, bitter or spicy richness. This either compliments or contrasts the food you’re preparing.
Grilling Safety Tips:
- Keep flammable or combustible materials away from the grill
- Keep the grill away from the home propane and charcoal grills should only be used outside.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill
- Make sure to clean the grill and trays of grease and fat before grilling
- Never leave your grill unattended
- Let the coals cool before disposing of them and never pour water on hot grills