STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Spice up your table with the hottest new decorating trends!
Ariane Moore, Design Editor of Natural Child World Magazine, stopped by KCAL9 Friday to show viewers the latest spring trends and ideas and how to incorporate them into centerpieces!
A few great trends for spring Decorating:
- Paint – Adding a pop of color even to one wall, can give a space a fresh new look.
- Spring Cleaning – Make some time to get rid of the old, clean out your closets and garages.
- Quick & Easy – Candles, throw pillows, and fresh flowers are quick and easy ways to add pops of color to brighten
Ideal Flowers & Plants for Spring Centerpieces:
- Spring is a great time to incorporate a floral centerpiece or tablescape into the overall design of your special event, because there are so many beautiful options in bloom. A few of my favorites are Tulips, Daffodils, Cherry Blossoms, Hydrangeas, Calla Lilies, Peonies, and Lilac.
Unique & Unusual Items That Can Be Used for Centerpieces:
- A quick and easy way to enhance any spring centerpiece/tablescape: add fruit – apples, pears, oranges, and lemons are all great choices, and you can snack on them later!
- Eggs are another way to add a unique touch to your tablescape. You can dye them to create a very festive look, or you can hollow out the eggshells and place small flowers inside them.
- For a more dramatic look, you can try adding some Manzanita branches to your centerpiece.
Tips For Finding Items to Incorporate Into Tablescapes:
- Many times you don’t have to look further than your own house, you can make use of things that you already have. However, for the items you can’t find at home you can get from any local arts and crafts store, a great florist, local nursery, and/or farmers market.
For more information, visit Natural Child World.