STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Jump into this year’s swim season with top styles!
Shelby Harrison, the lead fit specialist for SwimSpot.com, stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to discuss this year’s top trends for swim season!READ MORE: Suspect Joseph Jimenez Arrested In Corona Movie Theater Shooting Which Left Woman Dead, Man Wounded
Here are trends Harrison showcased:
Trend #1 – Bandini
- Blousy bandinis are a must-have trend for 2013.
- This black and white floral option by Athena will stylishly camouflage the mid-section. Pair back to shirred waist bottoms for a flattering and comfortable fit. This option is perfect for an apple shaped body!
- Next we have a navy bandini from Splendid. The side shirring will slim the torso. If you want to get a bit more active you can put the detachable swim strap on for added support!
Trend #2 – Crochet Cover UpsREAD MORE: COVID-19 Outbreaks Increasing In LA County As Cases Keep Rising
- We are crazy about crochet this season, especially for cover ups!
- The Nautica Deck Hand Tunic is an effortlessly chic crochet cover up option. With full length sleeves, a cinched waist to give you a perfect silhouette and all over crochet anchor point detail, this is a must for a breezy day on the boardwalk!
- The second crochet cover up option is by Hurley. This easy pull-over tank style is perfect to slip on over your suit. This is a staple for your swim wardrobe this season.
Trend #3 – Stripes
- Stripes are back for 2013! From nautical stripes as well as new twists on color and placement, there’s something for everyone.
- The pop of color and bold stripe make the NEXT by Athena Core Spirit Bandini give a sporty and chic feel to this suit. The adjustable straps and NEXT Flex quick-dry fabric make it a perfect choice for any aquatic activity.
- Chevron stripes are on everything from clothing to décor these days and this Ella Moss Portofino Triangle & Tie Side is a perfect example. The coral and white chevron stripes on bikini get an update with a hint of shimmery gold! Not to mention, this fixed triangle top will play up your curves while giving you support.
Trend #4 – Sport Shorts
- Our next trend is Sport Shorts. Shorts are perfect for when you’re looking for a little extra bottom coverage or something to wear over your swimsuit.
- If you are looking for a relaxed fit then the Reef Tropic Vibe Short. This style is easy to pull over your swim bottom and sits nicely on the hip thanks to the foldover waist band.
- Also consider versatile shorts that can be worn swimming, paddle boarding, or to yoga. This NEXT Good Karma Shore Breaker short offers a slimmer fit and banded waist which is very flattering and great for any physical activity. Not to mention, there is built in swim bottoms, so you have full and stylish coverage.
Trend #5 – Flutter Top
- Crop tops are one the newest style for 2013 and one to try! This style is perfect for someone looking to give illusion of curves up top.
- First we have a black flutter top by Guess. The intricate crochet detail gives you an easy-breezy yet sophisticated look. The straps are adjustable so you can customize your fit and support.
- This fashion forward style from Splendid offers a colorful print with navy piping. Remember, 3-d features such as ruffles, extra fabric and bows will give the illusion of curves, ideal for an athletic body shape.
Trend #6 – ColorMORE NEWS: 73-Year-Old Man Diagnosed With Schizophrenia Reported Missing In Palmdale
- The last trend I will be sharing with you today is color. From neons to poppy to cobalt blue, cheery color is a sure bet for the 2013 swim season.
- This Athena customer favorite one piece is offered in a red-haute color, which will accentuate your summer glow. The side shirring and Slim-Power lining will instantly give you a middle makeover. Not to mention, this one piece is available in D cup.
- Our last look is the The Block Party Triangle and Tie Side by Hurley. This two piece screams summer with the bold pink and orange color combo. The great thing about tie sides is you can adjust to sit nicely on the hip.
For more information, visit SwimSpot.com.