STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Hey moms! Want to increase productivity and efficiency while still making your family a priority?
Founder of SuperMoms360.com Deborah Stumm stopped by the KCAL9 studios Wednesday to tell viewers how to do just that!READ MORE: For 2nd Straight Year, San Diego Comic-Con Will Be Virtual
Deborah showed viewers how to check everything off of your “to-do” list with little planning and some discipline.
To achieve your balance of work and family, she suggests three main areas: separating, organizing & communicating.
SeparatingREAD MORE: Have You Noticed Higher Gas Prices Lately? You're Not Alone
• Define clear times for work & family – don’t try to do both at the same time or you won’t do either one well
• Turn off technology during specific times of day -designate family time (i.e. 6-8PM)
• Make time for your own well-being (i.e. exercise, hobbies, etc.) – it will make you happier and more productive in other parts of your life
• Create lists and prioritize –grocery shopping lists on the computer so you are not repeating every week; “to-do” lists that show items that need to get done to keep you on track
• Have a weekday routine – so everyone knows what to expect and stays on track (i.e. schedule time for homework, sports)
• De-clutter – organize kids’ paperwork/homework from school & create your own filing system to stay on track
• Organize the kids’ closets and your own – makes the morning routine much easier
CommunicatingMORE NEWS: 2 Injured In Glassell Park Shooting; Authorities Searching For Suspect
• Create a family calendar – you can do this on your computer or have a manual version in the kitchen to track activities & commitments so all family members are aware of schedules
• Make time for family dinner – do this at least 2-3 times a week; a great way to find out what is coming up and identify any concerns or conflicts