SAN FERNANDO (CBSLA.com) — A 52-year-old man was convicted Wednesday in the 2011 shotgun murder of his next door neighbor, the District Attorney’s office said.

A jury found Lennie Paul Tracey guilty of the first-degree murder of his neighbor, Anthony Jay Davis.

READ MORE: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Fall Below 400 In Riverside, San Bernardino Counties

Tracey was also found guilty of assault with a firearm. The DA said Tracey used the gun on the victim’s wife but did not fire the weapon at her.

Jurors found Tracey intentionally discharged the firearm that killed his 51-year-old neighbor on Sept. 24, 2011.

READ MORE: OC Receives More Than 83,000 COVID-19 Vaccine Doses In Single Day

Tracey and Davis had been in a long-standing feud. The beef escalated when the defendant installed infrared lights on his property and pointed them in the direction of the victim’s residence.

According to authorities, the infrared lights also caused a technical disruption to Davis’ video surveillance system.

Sheriff’s deputies arrested Tracey after the fatal shooting. He remained in custody since his arrest.

MORE NEWS: Stretch Of 5 Freeway In Norwalk Area To Close During Construction

Tracey will be sentenced on January 11 by trial Judge David Gelfound in San Fernando Superior Court.