STUDIO CITY (CBS) — Where do Whole Foods, Target and Starbucks find out about the latest and greatest in health food products? The Natural Products Expo West!
Adam Anderson stopped by the KCAL9 studios Wednesday to talk about the latest organic/healthy products coming out during the Natural Products Expo West at the Anaheim Convention Center, March 9-11.READ MORE: Paul Haney Charged In Stabbing Death Of Employee At Burbank Retirement Home
Natural Products Expo West, the natural, organic and healthy living world’s largest tradeshow returns to California – a mainstay in SoCal for over 30 years running.
Anderson gave viewers a sneak peak of the new product launches you’ll be seeing hit the shelves – and why to choose these eco friendly brands.READ MORE: Bacteria At Will Rogers Beach, Mothers Beach Exceeds State Standards
EVOL foods – found in the frozen aisle of your favorite Whole foods or other health food store
– Here is an amazing example of the local connections food brands and entrepreneurs can make with their local farms – they source their goat cheese locally
– This will really move the US economy forward – Kathleen Merrigan, the USDA Deputy Secretary, will be speaking at Expo West on Local and regional foods systems.
– Also – EVOL bowls are directly garden compostable – skip the compost bin and put right into your yard or garden
So Delicious Almond + Plus
– For those who want a delicious dairy free alternative – this almond milk has 5 grams of plant based protein in every serving, is soy free and most importantly is GMO free
Functional foods – these are researched ingredients incorporated into products in novel ways to deliver healthier products
– Naked pizza – has over 10 whole grains – but also has Ganaden’s probiotics in the crust! (probiotics not just in yogurt anymore)
– King Arthur flour with HiMaize ‘resistant starch’, it is a beneficial dietary fiber and does not spike blood sugar – it is actually Gluten Free too
– Nawgan with Cognizin in it – again an ingredient crafted by brain scientists to enhance concentration and focus – as much as a cup of coffee
For more information on the Expo, click here.