STUDIO CITY (CBS) — What does home owners and car insurance cover if your property was damaged by the wind?
The California Department of Insurance has provided these helpful hints:
· Most homeowner insurance policies have coverage for wind damage, including a tree falling on a home
· The coverage includes the actual damage and the cost to remove the tree, up to the policy limit
· In most cases, If a tree causes damage to the home, tree removal will be limited to $500
· If the tree falls and does not cause damage to any insured structure, there is usually no coverage for tree removal
· The auto policy’s “comprehensive” coverage will pay for any damage cause by trees or any falling object on the car
· If a person only has “liability” coverage (which is mandated by law) they will not have coverage for falling trees or debris
For more information on insurance coverage, click here.