ANAHEIM (CBS) — Two pedestrians died after being struck by a Chevrolet Astro van in Anaheim.

The incident occurred about 4:10 a.m. Saturday in the 1600 block of South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim police Sgt. Bob Dunn said.

“It appears that they may have been transients based upon some of the stuff at the scene. We have yet to confirm that,” Dunn said.

It was unclear if the driver would be cited or arrested, but he did not flee the scene.

Further details were not immediately available.

Comments (12)
  1. uhoh says:

Thats is sad. Compared to every other deaths involving cars and people, hats off to the driver for staying at the scene. May these 2 people RIP and may the driver get through this tough time.

2. nomechifles says:

Unless those people were going or coming from work, otherwise there is not a reason to be out at that time of the day. Probably they were cheating on their spouses and they just got out of the motel and just were talking about their good time they had, and kissing and got distracted. Now they will get together again in Hell and continue cheating.

1. uhoh says:

YAWWNNNNNNNNNNNNN another internet troll lacking attention

3. to nomechifles says:

You must have been dealt the wrong deck of cards in your life to assume such a thing. This is a horrible accident & 2 people lost their lives as a result. You should not assume until you have the facts. I do have to say, I’m glad the driver stuck around but if alcohol is a factor then shame on him for drinking & driving.

1. nomechifles says:

You must be one of those people, too. just make sure you get home earlier after you have taken care of business. I have cheated like you and so many people, but I always got home in a decent hour.

4. RIP says:

I would assume they were tourists. This happened across the street from Disneyland. May they RIP.

5. Michael J. McDermott says:

Either way, the cause of the deaths was in NO WAY related to the stupid “cross between the painted crosswalks and the cars will stop” thing that you have here. In no way was this possible. No way.

6. Timothy McGarry says:

I just can’t believe the driver stopped at the scene…

7. Leeroy says:

I can’t believe he didn’t flee to Mexico. Who drives an Astro van other than someone with 15 kids.

8. jose says:

9. puro pedo says:

If the victims would have stayed in MEXICO, this would have never happened. An astro van is for people who have 25 kids, so they probably had no insurance.

10. D. Duck says:

I think I know the driver…wow, small world huh?