(CBS) — Week four will feature a double-header of NFL games on CBS 2, at 10:00 the Pittsburgh Steelers will take on the Houston Texans with the Oakland Raiders taking on the New England Patriots at 1:00.

With 6,500 tickets remaining in San Diego, the game against the Miami Dolphins has been blacked out in Southern California .

The league’s long-standing policy requires all games not sold out 72 hours prior to kickoff to be blacked out in the local market.

This includes all signals within a 75-mile radius of the stadium and those areas whose television signal reaches within that 75-mile zone.

Comments (30)
  1. Manuel says:

Someone was posting last week of buying tickets at 45 cents a ticket and donating them so the San Diego game would sell out..I think this is a practice that should not happen in any sport.If the game is not sold out by theThursday deadline no tickets should be discounted at any price so a game can be televised..In my opinion this is a practice should be eliminated in all aspects.Fans want to see the better games that are more competitive,not ones where local teams own region area rights to broadcast a game..I seen a lot of empty seats at the San Diego game so I know this game was not a sellout..Better team with better records more competition is what REAL NFL FANS WANT TO SEE..

1. Ivan says:

I dont think they are going to sell out close 8K tickets…

2. JOE says:

I AGREE I AM A TRUE FOOTBALL FAN WITH MY TEAM BEING THE RAIDERS AS A LOS ANGELES RESIDENT I PROBABLY KNOW A HANDFULL OF CHARGER FANS. MOST LOS ANGELES FOOTBALL FANS ARE RAIDER FANS THIS WAS OUR TOWN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE OUR TOWN.

BY THE WAY CBS THOUSANDS OF FANS ARE BOYCOTTING CBS2 IN LOS ANGELES AND GROWING BY THE DAY FOR THIS VERY REASON.

1. LARaiderNation says:

I agree LA is a RAIDER town! CBS needs to realize this.

2. Eric says:

I totally agreed, CBS stop trying to make us a SD fan, we are Raiders all the way. CBS will lose viewers!!!!!!!!!!!

2. manuel says:

I know they won’t but some company will pick up the remaining tickets which when I checked through ticktetmaster started a $65..They will buy them at a very low price and probably be unable to use all of them..If the Charger game is shown I will never watch any CBS sports games again..

3. Manuel says:

The 1:15 deadline has past and ticketmaster shows seats available in all sections plus Club area seating..Lets see what kind of BS CBS will write just to show the Chargrer game..A 24 hour extension? Probably …

4. Davp Peraza says:

I dont understand why this Blackout Rule affect LOS ANGELES? This is not San Diego, nobody here cares about the CHargers, KCBS should be ashame of themselves, they should televise the BEST GAMES OF THE WEEK, Raiders are in the UP, granted this is not Oakland as well, but their is still a HUGE RAIDER FAN BASE in Los Angeles, including me. Regardless of Raider CHargers, KCBS should always show the BEST GAMES that is available for LA.

1. RaiderRon says:

Couldn’t agree more!

5. RaiderRon says:

Thank God!! After the ridiculous broadcasting of KC at San Diego last week, I didn’t think it could get any worse…but wait!…They scheduled the 0-3 Dolphins?? I’m a hard-core Raider fan of almost 30 years, but even if I wasn’t, it only makes sense to show the Raiders/Pats. These are 2 potential playoff teams that have history (remember the tuck rule game..((Gagging!)). This by far is the best game of the week. It should’ve been national anyway!

1. LARaiderNation says:

CBS needs to change their policy and make LA a Raider market. Nobody cares about the chargeless!

1. SilvernBlack says:

Completely agree, those stupid CBS execs (Sand Diego Fans) need to realize that this is still a Raider/Rams town and it is ludicrous to force us watch the Chargers games….Check the ratings morons!!!

6. Rich says:

Finally, CBS2, Los Angeles is forced to abandon San Diego. GO RAIDERS and RAIDER NATION!

1. Lee says:

Raiders – Committment to Exodus

7. RaidernationLA says:

Finally CBS is going to show what the people of LA want . There is a way bigger Raider fanbase in LA and CBS2 needs to realize this . go Raiders . Lets beat them Pats. (;

8. Joey Ruiz says:

will it show in riverside

9. Paul H says:

won’t be on NFL Sunday Ticket either. Thanks CBS2… clowns…

10. Raider Gal for Life says:

Dont matter CBS will change to other game if the RAIDERS are playing. They did it again this year.

11. RAIDER 4LIFE says:

Local area broadcast once belonged to the Raiders. That is until Mr Davis thought that after he moved his team to Oakland he still owned all rights in The Los Angeles area .The NFL put a stop to that once ther was only one NFL team in Southern California that being the Chargers..That is why CBS will interupt any 10 am game if it goes longer than time has allowed. Even if the game is tied or will be determined at the last play of the game .Marketing companies buy time for commercials which they feel they must show instead of the end of the game..Pretty dumb huh?CBS is contractually obligated to switch games instead of showing the public what they want to watch..The end of the GAME..So if the Raiders are the early game and it goes into OT plus the Chargers are the 1pm game Guess what??NO love for the Raiders In LA..

12. William Jackson says:

Los Angeles is Raider territory CBS has been undermining Raider fans for the past two years. I only watch CBS when and if Raider games are on. Not a fan of CBS TV shows/newscasts period. More Raider fans need to complain about this unjust situation. Jim Hill needs to move to San Diego if he wants to report news on Charger games. As long as CBS continues to show Charger games I will continue to turn off CBS!

13. Ed Parker says:

Man, I thought I was the only Raider fan that thought KCBS is clueless. Let the Chargers be on the San Diego channel and keep the Raiders on in LA.

14. BJ says:

Wow, ignorant comments from ignorant people.

Why don’t you ALL read this and realize that it’s not the fault of Channel 2, but the NFL. Realize that KCBS has ZERO control what they can and can’t air due to the Chargers.

And if you want to see the Chargers, buy a damn ticket already. Your boycotts mean absolutely nothing to the rest of us. Quit wasting our time with your nonsensical blabbering already.

1. JOE says:

ONE WORD “BJ” RATINGS!!!!!! IGNORANT I SEE!!!

2. JOE says:

BJ I FORGOT TO MENTION LA IS 120 MILES AWAY FROM SAN DIEGO NOT 75 AS THE RULES STATE!!! DO YOIUR HOMEWORK BEFORE COMMENTING…RAIDER 4 LIFE

15. Michael Mason says:

Yeah I dont get it most l.a NFL fans are synonymous with the raiders. I dont care how long they were gone. They were our team for along time so keep it that way.

And that being said the chargers are a divisional rival. Who the heck wants to watch or root for the chargers when this a raider town. They use to play all the raider games unless they started to tank towards the latter part of the season , but that is understandable.Put the better team on later towards post season but the raider pats game is huge for many reason but for 1 it will determine which AFC teams are the top dogs right now. And when the raiders come out on top this Sunday we will be much higher in the power rankings so CBS/NFL take notice. The raiders are back!!!

I really don’t think the charger – dolphins game game stacks up to this one by a long shot anyways. Wouldn’t of appealed to many if it was televised hence the blackout. GO Raiders!!

16. Lawrence says:

Finally, CBS will be showing the correct game this coming Sunday: Raiders -Patriots. They should’ve shown the Raiders – Jets game last week instead of Chargers-Chiefs. I can’t give CBS credit for this week for the choice though, since they are only airing the Raiders – Pats becuase the Chargers are blacked out. They should show it becuase it is the better game…

17. Andrew says:

LA is and has always been Raiders country.
    Do people realize Jim Hill played for the Chargers??????
    I love how they air a Raiders game and always cut off the end of the game.
    I only watch CBS football now when they air a Raiders game.Maybe they will get that the locals want the Raiders games each week and not the Chargers.
    Give the viewers what they want.

18. Hector says:

No more charger games!! We love our Raiders!!! LA is always home of the Raiders!! CBS needs to stop with trying to push the chargers.

19. JOE says:

BOYCOTT CBS@ Iin los angelees if they continue with this PERIOD!!!

20. Dolphin Fan says:

The only thing worse that having to watch the Raider’s every week in LA, is listening to the Raider Fans claim LA as a “home market”.. It is NOT! However… I pay for the Sunday Ticket package every year so that I can watch EVERY game. Blacking out the Charger’s (or by extension, the Charger’s opponent) because they didn’t sell out in a market 150 miles away from me is REALLY p!ss!ng me off!

On the East Coast, you can draw a 150 mile circle and put four teams inside that radius. This is really a STUPID case.