NEW ORLEANS (AP) — An attorney for Nicolas Cage says the actor won’t face criminal charges stemming from his April 16 arrest in New Orleans.

New Orleans police say Cage was arrested in the French Quarter after he grabbed his wife’s arm and pounded on cars in a drunken argument about whether a nearby house was the one they were renting. He was booked with domestic abuse, disturbing the peace and public drunkenness.

READ MORE: Marvel Actor Gaspard Ulliel Dead At 37 Following Ski Accident

Attorney Harry Rosenberg said Friday that the Orleans Parish district attorney’s office refused the charges and no prosecution would occur.

READ MORE: Authorities Arrest Brittany Moore, Suspect Involved In String Of Retail Thefts

District attorney spokesman Christopher Bowman says prosecutors determined “the conduct did not amount to criminal conduct.”

Cage had been free on $11,000 bond put up by bail bondsman Duane Chapman, known as “Dog the Bounty Hunter” to reality TV fans.

MORE NEWS: Doctors, Nurses Report Alarming Rise In Pediatric COVID-19 Cases

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)