LOS ANGELES (CBS) — American women have a 1 in 8 chance of developing breast cancer.  The band Juke Kartel has played with some of the biggest acts in music.  When one of their band members was touched by breast cancer, they knew they had to do something.  A portion of the proceeds from the sale of their song  Brightest Star will go the Susan G. Komen For The Cure LA County Affiliate.

For more information visit their website www.jukekartel.com.

Comments (15)
  1. Adelle Anderson says:

Join JUKE KARTEL’s team at Susan G Komen LA County site or donate to make a difference!! I love JK!

2. Connie Hylton says:

Love them! Wonderful story of love and hope!

3. Donna Abela says:

These guys are great and have the biggest hearts.

Love them!!

4. Denise Torrance says:

Please post the full story…Us Aussies would love to see the whole video

Like Adelle said join Juke Kartel’s team or donate to support

5. Liz Peterson says:

Such a beautiful and powerful song. Please help this cause by donating to the Susan G Komen Foundation at the LA county site or by joining JUKE KARTEL’s Street team or by going to itunes and downloading Brightest Star. I LOVE JK!!!! Keep up the good work boys

6. Rachael King says:

The song is just amazing. Makes me teary whenever I hear it, even more now because I have yet another friend who was just diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I’ve been a loud+proud Street Teamer for these fabulous boys since day one and all the work they’ve done to shed light on this issue.

Click the link: http://lacounty.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/PSD_LosAngelesCountyAffiliate?pg=team&fr_id=2042&team_id=153680

Or go to ITunes and Download the song. Do it for yourself or gift it in honor/memory of someone you love who’s been touched by this. Show them they’re the “Brightest Star” in your life.

7. Katie says:

Thanks Toby-for reminding us to take care of those that we love. It’s a beautiful song.

8. robertdawber says:

Music is one of those universal things that move people, bring people together. Throughout history there has always been music. Juke Kartel has dedicate their art and passion to the cause of finding a cure for breast cancer and this reflects the bands passionate souls. They are giving to Susan G Komen not just in the dollars raised by a beautiful song-but hope and inspiration to all of us who live day to day in world where this devastating disease exists.
    There is grace in the words of this song and beauty in each of the five of you.

Now let’s return the gift! Sign up for the race-donate 5, 10, 500 dollars-to Susan G. Komen LA
    Listen to the song and then I dare you to say no……..

1. Don Guy says:

A great way to support this cause is to dedicate your birthday to the Susan G. Komen foundation and request charitable donations instead of gifts. It’s easy to do at the new website: http://www.InviteCharity.com. Help spread the word!

9. Maree Neubeck says:

Al and I miss you guys in Aussie, but you are doing a wonderful job in LA. This type of thing is typical of you all, you sing and work from the heart. Keep up the good work.
    Maree

10. Velvet Foxx says:

Keep up the amazing work guys, you are doing such an incredible job. Brightest Star is an absolutely beautiful song to an inspiring strong mother. I shed quite a few tears, So supportive of the work you do!!!!
    Velvet Foxx

11. Nikki Dingley says:

A beautiful story. I just love this song. One of my close friends was diagnosed with breast cancer late last year. I sent her the song. She loved it and said she would listen to it when she felt sad or unsure or just having a bad day. Thank you Juke Kartel. You ARE making a difference to many people, so THANKYOU. Love to you all xx

12. plus de facebook like says:

I am not positive where you are getting your information, however great topic. I needs to spend some time studying much more or figuring out more. Thank you for excellent information I used to be looking for this info for my mission.