ENCINO (CBS) — A San Fernando Valley cosmetic surgeon under fire for charging his patients exorbitant fees and facing an investigation for a botched operation is now advertising under a different name.

KNX 1070 investigative reporter Charles Feldman says Dr. Ehab Mohamed is now just plain Dr. Ehab — that’s the way his name appears in a Sunday LA Times ad for his medical services.

READ MORE: Report: 2 LA County Firefighters May Be Fired For Sharing Kobe Bryant Crash Photos

Just last week, the California State Medical Board updated its website to show numerous actions pending against Dr. Ehab Mohamed.

A patient recently died undergoing a $100,000,  all-day liposuction in his office.

READ MORE: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Social Justice Champion Award Will Recognize Current NBA Player, Donate $100K To His Organization Of Choice

The lawyer representing the family of that patient says using only his first name appears designed to prevent possible patients from discovering the negative comments.

However, Feldman says the California Medical Board says there is no law preventing Dr. Mohamed from continuing to advertise his services under a different name.

MORE NEWS: EXCLUSIVE: A Look Inside The Secret Headquarters Of One Of LA’s Hottest Sneaker Dealers

(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)