Super Bowl Halftime Show Vs. Neil Diamond: Who Takes The Trophy For Better Entertainment?
- Career Highlight?Fireworks coming out of Prince’s Guitar at Super Bowl XLI! Weeee!Getting the lady folk to lose their mind over Sweet Caroline, no matter how grating it is.
- Nickname?The Pepsi Pop-Star Firework Fever Dream.The Jewish Elvis.
- Cinematic Homage?Was both celebrated and lampooned in "Basketball."Both celebrated and lampooned in "Saving Silverman."
- The Springsteen Connection?Bruce’s crown jewels hit the camera at Super Bowl XLIII.Jammed out to Sweet Caroline (Note: that wasn't as fun of a jam as it could have been. Very disappointing)
- 2012 Highlight?Show featured Madonna, LMFAO, Cirque du Soleil, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., Cee Lo Green, Andy Lewis, Avon High School Drumline, Center Grove High School Drumline, Fishers High School Drumline, Franklin Central High School Drumline, Southern University Dancing Dolls, 200 Person Choir consisting of Indianapolis locals.Against that lineup? It could be “having a nice nap” and he’d get the point. But instead, we’ll note that he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- What Lady Do They Bring To Mind?Janet Jackson and the wardrobe malfunction (Super Bowl XXXVIII).Amanda Peet. Mmmmm. ("Saving Silverman").
- Dumb People Like Me Confuse Them With?Why are there so many lasers and people at the Puppy Bowl!?Neil Young.
- Secretly Enjoyable?Yes, especially when Prince is involved. (But don’t tell anyone I told you.)Pfft. Not that I’m willing to admit.
With fireworks, lasers, dancers and an appearance by Nelly (probably) the Halftime Show takes it 5-4!