“Just this week” — there were five reports of pets being killed. “It’s out of control,” Denise Simmerman added.
The 38-year-old suspect — whose name was withheld — was taken into custody, police said.
Advisories for high surf along the Southern California coast have been canceled for all but Orange County and damaged piers in Seal Beach and Malibu have reopened in time for the holiday weekend.
Crews Wednesday were cleaning up and preparing for high tide after a large surge overnight brought two to three feet of standing water to the Seal Beach boardwalk.
Seal Beach residents are reporting more coyotes, as well as an increase in the number of missing pets.
An Orange County judge ruled on Monday that prosecutors could not use statements made in jail by convicted mass killer Scott Dekraai during the penalty phase of his trial.
State transportation officials want to install toll lanes on a notoriously congested section of Interstate 405 in Orange County, but local officials aren’t happy.
On Thursday, a man’s shirtless body was found face-down among some rocks.
A Canadian man suspected of conning an 86-year-old widow and others out of more than $100,000 was extradited to Southern California Thursday night, concluding an international manhunt that lasted for a year and a half.
Profits from a fundraiser in Seal Beach Saturday will go towards constructing a memorial honoring the victims of the Salon Meritage tragedy.
All lanes of the 405 Freeway were reopened Wednesday morning after a steel beam fell at a construction site.
The 49-year-old owner of a popular Orange County youth sports camp accused of committing several lewd and lascivious acts on a 13-year-old boy eight years ago made his first court appearance on Friday.
The 49-year-old owner of a popular sports camp was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of committing several lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14 in 2006.
Scott Dekraai, the man charged with the worst mass killing in Orange County’s history, pleaded guilty Friday to eight counts of murder.
Scott Dekraai, 44, had been locked in a custody dispute with his ex-wife over their-8-year-old son before he strapped on a bulletproof vest, took three guns and entered Salon Meritage in 2011, police said.