Southern California Edison crews Thursday night were still working to restore power after it went out for 4,000 customers Wednesday afternoon.
The anger of some Southern California Edison ratepayers about the deal that led to them being stuck with a $3.3 billion bill, 70 percent of what it will cost to shut down the defunct San Onofre nuclear power plant in San Clemente, may have sparked an investigation that now appears to be heating up.
“It’s not right at all because you use less, you should pay less,” said Isabel Aguirre.
A lightning strike was possibly to blame for a power outage Thursday night impacting thousands of residents in Bell.
LAWDP says that 1,100 customers are without power Sunday evening in Chatworth.
A power outage Monday caused several traffic signals to fail in Alhambra, according to police.
The power company blacked out 2,486 addresses in the vicinity of Ramsdell Drive, east of Heacock Street, and 1,653 addresses in an area south of Black Walnut Street at the Moreno Valley Unified School District.
Authorities on Saturday continued to work on a power pole that was knocked down by an alleged hit-and-run driver in Malibu.
A transformer failure in Fullerton Saturday left nearly 1,900 Southern California Edison customers without power.
A relative of three family members who were electrocuted due to a power-line failure following the 2011 windstorm reacted on Friday to a proposed $24.5 million penalty against Southern California Edison.
The numbers included about 18,000 SCE customers and another 9,800 from LADWP.
Police are warning residents to beware of callers posing as Southern California Edison employees, asking for immediate payment on past due bills.
Authorities say electricity has been fully restored to Southern California Edison (SCE) customers impacted by an underground vault explosion in Irvine.
A driver was shaken and rattled but uninjured Saturday afternoon following an explosion in an underground vault in Irvine.
Six Southern California Edison employees Monday were hospitalized and 20 others were evaluated after a strong odor was detected from the company’s call center in Long Beach.