Hundreds of packages of marijuana were found hidden in a shipment of frozen tongue fish, officials said.
Supermarkets and restaurants across the Southland may be engaging in widespread and rampant mislabeling of seafood products, according to county officials on Monday.
A 2-pound leopard shark fell from the sky on Monday and landed on an Orange County golf course.
A transient pleaded not guilty Friday to one felony count of animal cruelty after allegedly killing a pelican with his bare hands.
Health officials are warning seafood lovers to avoid shellfish, crustaceans and fish from Ventura County because dangerous levels of a nerve toxin have been detected in some species.
An estimated 1,500 people took part in a pre-dawn water gun fight that left much of the ponds at Balboa Park thrashed.
Across the vast Pacific, the mighty bluefin tuna carried radioactive contamination that leaked from Japan’s crippled nuclear plant to the shores of the United States 6,000 miles away — the first time a huge migrating fish has been shown to carry radioactivity such a distance.
A Los Angeles seafood company is voluntarily recalling its smoked and dry Vobla fish because it may be contaminated with a bacteria that can cause botulism.
Something fishy is going on in restaurants and frozen food aisles across the Southland.
A Southland charity defended its decision Monday to give away fish that had been previously used in government testing to feed those in need.
The joint state and federal studies may lead to “no consumption” warnings issued for several local species of sport fish.
Ginichi Y. Ohira, 50, is charged with knowingly selling a marine mammal product for an unauthorized purpose in violation of the federal Marine Mammal Protection Act.
Officials say thousands of anchovies and sardines have died in Ventura Harbor after using up all their oxygen.
The California Department of Public Health said on its website that traces of radioactive Iodine-131 was found March 28 in San Luis Obispo County.
Researchers from two local marine life groups say about a third of the fish collected in the northern Pacific Ocean had plastic in their stomachs.