A Pacoima lawmaker wants to create criminal penalties for anyone who sells mislabeled seafood in Southern California.
Chef Damon Gordon, executive chef from Water Grill in Santa Monica, visited CBS2 This Morning Friday to talk about the tasty specials being offered at the restaurant this spring.
A University of Southern California professor says there is no danger in eating Pacific Ocean-caught fish despite concerns about possible radiation contamination from Japan’s Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant.
A massive cleanup effort was underway Wednesday after hundreds of dead fish were found in an Agoura Hills lake.
Grab your rod, reel, tackle box and a stout pair of waders as we walk you through some of the best surf, deepwater, pier and beachside angling locations in Los Angeles.
The Los Angeles River Recreation Zone will be open to the public starting Monday.
Hundreds of packages of marijuana were found hidden in a shipment of frozen tongue fish, officials said.
Supermarkets and restaurants across the Southland may be engaging in widespread and rampant mislabeling of seafood products, according to county officials on Monday.
A 2-pound leopard shark fell from the sky on Monday and landed on an Orange County golf course.
A transient pleaded not guilty Friday to one felony count of animal cruelty after allegedly killing a pelican with his bare hands.
Health officials are warning seafood lovers to avoid shellfish, crustaceans and fish from Ventura County because dangerous levels of a nerve toxin have been detected in some species.
An estimated 1,500 people took part in a pre-dawn water gun fight that left much of the ponds at Balboa Park thrashed.
Across the vast Pacific, the mighty bluefin tuna carried radioactive contamination that leaked from Japan’s crippled nuclear plant to the shores of the United States 6,000 miles away — the first time a huge migrating fish has been shown to carry radioactivity such a distance.
A Los Angeles seafood company is voluntarily recalling its smoked and dry Vobla fish because it may be contaminated with a bacteria that can cause botulism.
Something fishy is going on in restaurants and frozen food aisles across the Southland.