Child Sex Abuse
A former YMCA employee was sentenced Thursday for sexually molesting two young girls.
The Los Angeles Unified School District Friday reached a settlement with more than 80 victims in the Miramonte Elementary School child sex abuse case.
A former music teacher at an Anaheim church was convicted Wednesday of sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl and taking up-skirt video of a 12-year-old student.
Sex-abuse victims will have more time to pursue criminal charges against offenders under a bill signed by Gov. Jerry Brown.
A former Disneyland repairman was sentenced Thursday to 55 years in prison for molesting four girls, three of whom were relatives, after accepting a plea deal earlier in the week.
It’s been 30 years since allegations of child molestation at a Manhattan Beach preschool shocked the country. CBS2’s Paul Magers spoke with key figures in the McMartin abuse case about what’s happened in the years since.
A former network TV executive filed a malicious-prosecution lawsuit against a former aspiring actor who recently withdrew a lawsuit that accused the executive of sexually abusing him in the late 1990s.
Two Orange County brothers have pleaded guilty to repeatedly molesting 3- and 7-year-old neighbor girls who were bribed to keep quiet with candy and ice cream.
An Orange County man who hosted Bible study meetings at his home was sentenced Wednesday to 15 years to life in prison for molesting two male relatives.
Authorities Tuesday said a 52-year-old man arrested on suspicion of sexually abusing four children may have other possible victims.
A CBS2 news report has inspired a proposed bill that would prohibit spousal support in child sex abuse cases.
A man convicted of abusing two children over a 12-year period received a sentence Tuesday of 80 years to life in prison.
Retired Cardinal Roger Mahony told an Italian newspaper that it’s a positive thing the public knows the truth about “pedophilia in the church.”
Cardinal Roger Mahony will be deposed this month as part of a clergy abuse lawsuit set for trial in April.
Two dozen names have been added to a list of clergy members alleged to have molested children in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles.