Authorities have evacuated hundreds of people from a Pomona office building and taken eight to the hospital after a chemical made people cough and their eyes water.
A consumer advocacy group warns that almost 500 food items on the market have a chemical called azodicarbonamide (ADA), which is used to make yoga mats.
Concerned citizens and community groups were given the opportunity Friday to sound off about potential public health hazards linked to chemical storage facilities across the Southland.
Firefighters Wednesday extinguished a four-alarm chemical fire at a warehouse in Orange County.
A judge has ordered state health officials to establish a safe drinking water standard for the cancer-causing chemical made famous in the film “Erin Brockovich.”
Residents of a neighborhood in Riverside County say a dangerous cocktail of contaminants is buried underneath their homes.
Port officials have seized nearly $18,000-worth of rubber ducks that contain levels of a chemical that may not be safe for children.
A study has found that coffee, one of the nation’s favorite caffeinated beverages, can be unhealthy.
Fire officials say a science experiment “gone awry” prompted the evacuation at East Valley High School in North Hollywood.
Dozens of nail polishes marketed in California salons as toxic-free may have high levels of agents known to cause birth defects, state chemical regulators said Tuesday.
Hundreds of people were evacuated Wednesday after a chemical leak was detected in an office building located at the Universal Studios complex.
Federal safety regulators say a popular hair smoothing treatment called Brazilian Blowout can release unsafe levels of the chemical formaldehyde, posing a risk to hair salon workers and their customers.
The owner of a military supply company in Maine says he’s been inundated with orders from people in California buying gas masks and chemical suits.
Sens. Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein want the Environmental Protection Agency to protect the public from hexavalent chromium.
Drinking water containing low levels of a chemical used in rocket fuel poses a greater danger to infants than previously believed, a new research study shows.