CBS2/KCAL9 Weather Team

Latest Galleries

Saints 49, Rams 21
Florence "Mrs. Brady" Henderson Through The Years
Dolphins 14, Rams 10
USC 36, UCLA 14
Renderings For New LA Rams Stadium At Hollywood ParkSee the all new renderings just released of the future home of the Rams at Hollywood Park.
2016 LA Auto Show
All-Time Dodgers Rookie Of The Year Winners
Supermoon Over Los Angeles

1. Kathleen Constantine says:

Please be careful with you use of “farther/further.” Farther is used for distance as “He hit the ball farther.” “Further” is used as a time or quantity such as “He pursued a subject further.” In my opinion, you misused the words in describing clouds, weather moving across So. Calif. I think the correct word should have been “farther.”

A retired publc school teacher

2. Lupe Ramos says:

Goldeberg,

Yes it eats me up also that you use “further” to describe distant when it should be “farther”. My English teacher always taught the best way to remember is farther is always measured with a yard stick. So next time you do the weather report please say the clouds and/rain are “farther” to the North.

3. Maryann says:

where is Josh

4. Pam in San Jacinto says:

The westher broadcate I just watched showed that Christmas was on Friday.. Saturday is Christmas…

5. greg says:

Evelyn Taft is HOT!!!!!! She’s the only reason I watch your news over the others.

6. Florence Ferrara says:

Your right Gregg – Ms. Taft is hot BUT she’s suppose to be a weather forecaster.
    Neither one of the “Twins- Taft & Johnson” Use language suitable for adults.
    No day is even “hot” to them, just warm and sunny, even when it hits 100.
    Humidity is never mentioned though LA has more days when the temperature is lower than the humidity level making the day feel extremely wet without rain but the twins don’t recognize those days. They babble on like Kindergarten teaches who have a hard time moving in too tight clothes. Oh well – its not the weather, its Hollywood. Their big chance – maybe they’ll be discovered but not for their weather broadcasts. Can always move to Miami, same weathe, and they also love T&A.

7. nick says:

Actuallly Jackie came here from Miami in 2004. And since Evelyn previously worked in San Francisco before arriving this summer, you’d probably have to give her a pass until she discovers what warm weather feels like!

8. Gerry Abel says:

Where is Paul Majors? I will no longer watch your station if he is dropped. He is a ray of sunshine.

Gerry Abel 909-899-4700

9. Dan says:

During last night’s broadcast, Kai Goldberg noted, on multiple occasions, how nice the weather is. I disagree. Temps in the 80s and 90s are not, in my opinion, “terrific.” I understand that my opinion is merely “my opinion.” As such, I don’t expect others to agree. I wish Mr. Goldberg would do the same. In “my opinion,” he should report weather facts and data and keep his personal commentary to himself.

10. Michel says:

Hey, nice job on the teeth, Evelyn. You’re now arguably the most beautiful woman on television.

11. DJ says:

Mr. Goldberg….I believe I watched a news story about a TORNADO in northern California….something that you reported as a funnel cloud?
    That funnel cloud was TOUCHING THE GROUND which makes it a TORNADO!
    Don’t know where you studied the weather….but I sure know the difference between the two….cloud spinning and touching the ground is a TORNADO

12. Ruthie says:

Evelyn babbles too much . I get tired watching her do the forecast . Sorry .

1. Suzanne says:

If she cut the word “well’ out of her report, it would probably sound somewhat intelligent.I don’t get how one of the largest markets in the United States has a weather reporter who can’t say more than two sentences without inappropriately using the word “well”. Please, give it a break Evelyn!

13. MARTIN says:

HAVEN’T SEEN MUCH OF JACKIE JOHNSON LATELY, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH HER? SHE IS MY FAVORITE WEATHERPERSON.

14. john canchola says:

Will channel 9 repeat the 2011 teen choice awards . I f so when or why not ? My grand daughters missed it. Thanks!

15. Lisa says:

One of these days I’m waiting for the people who report the weather to actually get it right!!!! You say its going to rain we get sun, you say its going to be sunny and warm and we get cold and rain, when are you folks going to get it right?

16. Kathy says:

Please, I’m sure there’s somebody at CBS that can help Evelyn pick out a wardrobe and make sure it fits! Her clothing choices are horrible and never look nice…….sorry, but sometimes it IS about the presentation.

17. mike jr says:

can you teel if evelyn taft is muscular biceps

18. JOHN ACOSTA says:

OBSERVED YOUR WEATHERMAN AT 8:15 PM THIS SATURDAY NIGHT USING THE WORD ‘FANTASTIC” THREE DIFFERENT TIMES DURING HIS REPORT.
    PLEASE INFORM HIM THAT A DIFFERENT WORD WOULD BE MORE APPROIATE.
    THE WORD “FANTASTIC” HAS ADOUBLE MEANING, YES–IT ALSO MEANS GROTESQUE.
    SO WHEN HE SAYS TOMORROW WILL BE “FANTASTIC” DAY, HOW DOES HE MEAN IT????

JOHN ACOSTA
    PH. 1.714.598.7393

19. Bev says:

Evelyn also tends to insert the word “well” multiple times into her report. To the extent that I think I’d rather have her use the word “like” inappropriately as so many people do these days. It truly sounds unprofessional.