Paige first came to CBS2 in 1999 to join the acclaimed Special Assignment Unit, and one year later he exposed extensive lead contamination in Southern California public schools which resulted in new laws and a massive lead clean-up in five school districts. That story received the Alfred I duPont Columbia University Silver Baton award (considered to be the broadcast equivalent of the Pulitzer Prize) for excellence in reporting.
With more than 20 years of television reporting experience, Paige’s other career highlights include:
- A hidden camera investigation, which revealed foster children were forced to attend school in dilapidated motels and former convalescent hospitals, taught by teachers without credentials while the state paid exorbitant costs to private companies for a substandard education. That investigation led to sweeping reforms in the education of foster children.
- Numerous auto safety investigations including collapsing seatbacks, roofs that crush, vans that rollover and tires that fail.
- Exposing deplorable conditions in Southern California public school bathrooms leading to new laws requiring schools to keep their bathrooms open and clean as well as a multi million-dollar bathroom clean-up campaign at the Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Exposing emergency escape hatches in the Los Angeles subway system didn’t work, which lead to the retrofitting of 130 subway doors.
- Revealed the theft of numerous radioactive devices which could be used to construct dirty bombs, resulting in new regulations surrounding the transportation of those devices.
- Revealed foreign students were being allowed entry in the United States to enroll classes in dog grooming, yacht restoration, massage and nail care and allowed to never attend class in the wake of the terrorist attacks on 9-11.
- Exposed teachers convicted of violent felonies including sex crimes who still held valid teaching credentials
- Exposed a birth certificate loophole which allowed kidnapers of babies to obtain legal birth certificates
Paige has covered some of the most important national and local news stories of the past decade. He reported from Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Storm, the civil trial of O.J. Simpson and he reported from the U.S.S. Carl Vinson in the North Arabian Sea.
He has traveled the world to bring back important stories:
Poland – a powerful story of a holocaust survivor’s journey back to a Nazi death camp.
Puerto Rico – exposed the Veterans Administration was importing Puerto Rican nurses for VA hospitals who didn’t pass nursing exams.
Rome- profiled a young Soviet mother’s daring flight to freedom before the collapse of the Soviet Union
Persian Gulf – profiled efforts of local pilots and armed forces personnel in Operation Enduring Freedom following the September 11th attacks.
Randy Paige has received numerous awards and accolades for his investigative work. In addition to the duPont award, he was named Reporter of the Year by the LA Press Club in 2001. Paige has received Emmy awards for his investigative, environmental and feature reporting, and has received more than a dozen Emmy nominations. He received a National Headliner Award for Human Interest Reporting while working as a correspondent for “The Crusaders,” a national investigative news magazine. Paige’s awards also include a Gold Medal of Honor as Reporter of the Year from the New York Film Festival, RTNDA-Best News Documentary; AP Bill Stout Memorial Award for Enterprise Reporting; Three Golden Mikes from the Radio and Television News Association; Associated Press 1999 Best Spot News.
Alhambra Police gave a final salute to a fallen colleague at a memorial service held in Diamond Bar Friday.
A new grassroots organization has declared war on the growing problem of content piracy.
Parents at Warren High School in Downey were shocked by what we discovered about their two-story concrete classroom building — just one of thousands that state experts said could be putting children at risk in the next big earthquake.
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Big Screen to Broadway: Movie... Broadway Posters Best Summer Festivals and...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Grass Fire In Glendale Forces... Springs Fire In Camarillo Summit Fire
- Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Wedding Dress Styles For...