Latest Tournament News
- Rising Star: Kentucky Guard James Young Young scored 20 points for Kentucky last night, twice as many as the next highest-scoring Wildcat, in a 60-54 loss to Connecticut. This was Young's ninth 20-plus point game and he led Kentucky with 17 in the Final Four win over Wisconsin.
- Five Things: UConn’s Defense, Foul Shooting Fuel Championship Last night, the Huskies cut down the nets in Dallas after beating Kentucky 60-54 to win the school's fourth national championship. Consider that Kentucky needed four straight late escapes to reach the final and you get a sense for what kind of...
- UConn Wins NCAA Title Over Kentucky, 60-54 Poised and experienced, UConn won its second national championship in four years, outlasting Kentucky and its stable of freshmen Monday night.
- Connecticut Wins NCAA Title, 60-54 Over Kentucky Shabazz Napier scored 22 points and Connecticut won its second NCAA title in four years, beating all those Kentucky freshmen 60-54 in the championship game Monday night.
- Five Things: Kentucky And UConn To Play For Title The wildest NCAA Tournament of the modern era culminates with an 8 seed versus a 7 seed for the championship. Kentucky, a 74-73 winner over Wisconsin on Saturday, will face Connecticut, which upset Florida 64-53.
- Kentucky 74-73 Over Wisconsin, To Play For Title Aaron Harrison hit a 3-pointer with 5.7 seconds left to lift Kentucky to a one-point victory over Wisconsin.
- Final Four Sets NCAA Attendance Record The national semifinals drew 79,444 AT&T Stadium, beating the previous record of 78,129 when Kentucky beat Michigan State in a regular-season game at Ford Field in Detroit on Dec. 13, 2003.