Let's Get To Work Los Angeles
For Your Job Search
- Expert Outlines Guidelines Employers Must Follow In Conducting Background Checks Companies are doing more than calling to verify a prospective employee’s work history, CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Eco-Friendly Builders See Renewed Interest In Products Leading To Job Openings Just in time for World Conservation Day, the housing market is perking up. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Personnel Analysts In L.A. Also Help College Students Ace Job Interviews The duties of personnel analysts extend beyond advising and assisting corporate executives. In academic settings, these experts also help college students champion job interviews.
- Marketing Experts With Social Science Knowledge Benefit In L.A. Scott Spiro, whose L.A.-based company is a 2015 recipient of Microsoft Corporation's 'Digital Marketing Excellence' award, says the advent of social media has resulted in a need for well-rounded market research analysts and marketing managers.
- CSUN Shapes Future Management Analysts For Stable Careers Dr. Kenneth R. Lord, a dean at California State University, Northridge, says because of an expanding range of areas management analysts must address, well-rounded education is a must.
- Businesses Realizing Millennials Are Key To Their Success, Report Finds Businesses are realizing that millennials are the key to their success and have stepped up the pace to hiring. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Expert: Tips For Baby Boomers Looking For Jobs CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger has some tips for transitioning from full-time employee to part-time retiree.
- Apprenticeship Programs Put Plumbers To Work In L.A. Apprenticeship programs in Los Angeles teach plumbers the tricks of the trade, while paying them good wages along the way.
- L.A.'s Employment Level Ranks High For Ophthalmic Medical Technicians Dr. SriniVas Sadda, Doheny Eye Institute’s newly-appointed president and chief scientific officer, says the job market for skilled ophthalmic medical technicians is dilating in Los Angeles.
- Female Police Officers Are Valuable Assets At CSULA Valerie Caldera, a police sergeant at California State University, Los Angeles, says CSULA is diligent in its effort to place more female officers in key positions.