Let's Get To Work Los Angeles
For Your Job Search
- Entrepreneurs Fuel L.A.’s Growing Tech Community Barney Santos, a lecturer and business owner, encourages tech-minded entrepreneurs in Los Angeles to get off the fence and launch their own enterprises.
- Business Leadership Starts With Solid Education In L.A. Dr. Charles M. Vance says Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles strives to help mold the next generation of effective business leaders.
- Demand For Private Detectives On The Rise, Expert Says Due to heightened corporate security and property protection, the demand for private detectives has grown.
- Complicated Financial Landscape Likely To Increase Demand For Financial Planners, Analyst Reports A complicated financial landscape will likely increase the demand for financial planners. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Equine-Assisted Therapy Helps At-Risk Teens In L.A. Cassandra Ogier, owner of The Reflective Horse, says equine-assisted therapy is becoming a widely-accepted form of mental health treatment for at-risk teens in Los Angeles.
- L.A. Barbers Are Facing Close-Shave Competition Due to a demand for cutting-edge hair and skin treatments, barbers throughout Los Angeles are upping their game in order to compete with skillful hairdressers and cosmetologists.
- Officers Exercise 'Verbal Judo' To Safeguard Schools In L.A. Edmon Muradyan, Owner of Marshall Security and Training Academy, says patrolling school security guards rely on efficient soft-style techniques to help keep students safe in Los Angeles.
- Considering A Graduate Degree? Expert Weighs In The national unemployment rate stood at 5.6 percent for the end of 2014 as compared to 2.9 percent for those who completed a bachelor's degree. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Considering The Purchase Of A Franchise? Expert Weighs In CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger has more information for those who are considering the purchase of a franchise.
- Continuing Education Leads To Worthier Job Opportunities In L.A. UCLA Extension’s Van Anderson says in order to compete for higher wages and better positions, employees need to beef up their skills by enrolling in a continuing education program.