Let's Get To Work Los Angeles
For Your Job Search
- Website Identifies Hottest Jobs This Year For Military Veterans About one out of two post-9/11 veterans will face a period of unemployment as they seek new jobs outside of the military, CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Study: Employers Recruiting 2015 College Grads & Offering Signing Bonuses The graduating class of 2015 has a lot to celebrate. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Sclesinger reports.
- L.A.’s Lifeguards Face Tough Tests In Job Competition Becoming an open-water lifeguard in Los Angeles requires extraordinary physical fitness and an ability to withstand the most daring environment for a rescuer.
- L.A.’s Playa Vista Area: A Fit Zone For Marketing Managers Santa Monica College’s Marce Kelly says ambitious marketing managers should set their sights on Silicon Beach for some of the best employment opportunities in Los Angeles.
- The Digital Age Modernizes Journalism In L.A. Santa Monica College’s Saul Rubin says for emerging news reporters to better compete for jobs in L.A., they will need to know traditional journalism and how to handle multimedia production.
- Expert Offers Tips On Identifying A Bad Boss Early On Candidates are increasingly using interviews to determine whether the company and the potential new boss are the right fit. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger offers tips on how to identify a "bad boss."
- Field Of Nursing Rapidly Grows With Need For Registered Nurses On The Rise It's National Nurses Week and an opportunity to highlight this rapidly growing field. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Technology's Impact On Astrophotography In L.A. Is Otherworldly Dr. Mike Shaw, a physicist and leading astrophotographer in Los Angeles, says technology is making it easier for amateur shutterbugs to capture award-worthy images of the night’s sky.
- Career And Technical Education Helps Students In L.A. Land Jobs Santa Monica College’s Frank Dawson says experienced career and technical educators are needed in Los Angeles to help prepare students for rewarding vocations.
- Law Librarians Play Leading Roles In L.A.’s Justice System Los Angeles County Law Library’s Sandi Levin says in order to better vie for available jobs, endeavoring law librarians should be bilingual, computer-wise and skillful in the area of legal research.