Let's Get To Work Los Angeles
For Your Job Search
- Are You A Workaholic? Expert Weighs In To determine whether you are a workaholic, ask yourself the following three questions: (1) is work a way to distance yourself from unwanted feelings, (2) is work more important than anything else?,and (3) do you feel like you can’t take a break from...
- Business Consulting May Be Lucrative Part-Time Job, Expert Says Consultants can earn $150 to $300 an hour to assist companies, CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Average Wage For STEM Career Surpasses $80K Per Year, Expert Reports Careers in science, technology, engineering, and math can be intimidating, but as CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports, it’s worth taking a closer look.
- Tips For Job Seekers Who Are Re-Entering The Workforce More people are re-entering the job force as the market is stabilizing, and join millions of currently employed workers who have been delaying their searches until conditions improve. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger offers tips for those...
- CSULA's Police Force Trained To Handle Mental Health Issues Rick Wall, chief of police at California State University, Los Angeles, says his officers are trained to handle many unpredictable situations on campus, including mental health crisis.
- Digital Managers Bring L.A.’s Advertisers Into A New Era Keith R. Pillow, an adjunct professor of marketing at California State University, Los Angeles, says digital managers are expected to assume even more pivotal responsibilities in the coming years.
- CalArts Prepares Multimedia Artists For Solid Careers In L.A. Rita Soultanian, director of career services at California Institute of the Arts, says the number of job opportunities for multimedia artists is expanding in Los Angeles.
- More Americans Seek Telecommuting Opportunities According to research from FlexJobs.com, more than five percent of employees in California are telecommuters. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- 6 Years After End Of Recession, Where Do We Stand? Expert Weighs In This month marks the 6th anniversary of the end of the economic recession. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Running A Family-Owned Business In L.A. Takes Dedication Angela Johnson, co-owner of The Serving Spoon restaurant, says most family-owned businesses in Los Angeles are generational, with a focus on long-term goals.