Let's Get To Work Los Angeles
For Your Job Search
- Technology Helps Jobs In L.A. Grow Faster CSULA’s Dr. Jiang Guo says a demand for more adept software engineers is on the rise in Los Angeles.
- L.A.'s Biological Techs Gain Experience While In School CSULA's Dr. Howard Xu says if they don't learn solid laboratory skills while in school, newly-minted biological technicians in Los Angeles would have a tough time figuring out on-the-job techniques.
- L.A.'s Pharmacists Are Paid Handsomely For Their Expertise Clinical pharmacists in Los Angeles earn high-heeled wages for good reason. They assume a variety of important duties to help improve the lifestyles of all age groups that rely on prescription medications.
- Website Identifies Hottest Jobs This Year For Military Veterans About one out of two post-9/11 veterans will face a period of unemployment as they seek new jobs outside of the military, CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Study: Employers Recruiting 2015 College Grads & Offering Signing Bonuses The graduating class of 2015 has a lot to celebrate. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Sclesinger reports.
- L.A.’s Lifeguards Face Tough Tests In Job Competition Becoming an open-water lifeguard in Los Angeles requires extraordinary physical fitness and an ability to withstand the most daring environment for a rescuer.
- L.A.’s Playa Vista Area: A Fit Zone For Marketing Managers Santa Monica College’s Marce Kelly says ambitious marketing managers should set their sights on Silicon Beach for some of the best employment opportunities in Los Angeles.
- The Digital Age Modernizes Journalism In L.A. Santa Monica College’s Saul Rubin says for emerging news reporters to better compete for jobs in L.A., they will need to know traditional journalism and how to handle multimedia production.
- Expert Offers Tips On Identifying A Bad Boss Early On Candidates are increasingly using interviews to determine whether the company and the potential new boss are the right fit. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger offers tips on how to identify a "bad boss."
- Field Of Nursing Rapidly Grows With Need For Registered Nurses On The Rise It's National Nurses Week and an opportunity to highlight this rapidly growing field. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.