Let's Get To Work Los Angeles
For Your Job Search
- How Do Non-Profits Affect The Larger Economy? According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, an aging population will lead to a greater need in our societies demand for workers who assist the elderly.
- Website Ranks The College Majors That Most Often Lead To Satisfying Work According to the website Payscale, medical laboratory science majors report the highest levels of feeling that their work makes a positive impact. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Which College Majors Can Lead To Meaningful Work? Expert Weighs In PayScale, the website with a focus on compensation, had identified which college majors are most likely to lead to satisfying work. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Academic Degrees Yield Bigger Paychecks For Court Bailiffs In L.A. “One obvious benefit of gaining a higher education is you start out with a higher entry pay,” said Joe Langill, a deputy sheriff who serves as a court bailiff in Los Angeles.
- Doctorate In Psychology Fulfills Greater Purpose For L.A. Practitioner “A doctorate in psychology has opened the door to so many rewarding aspects in the field of mental healthcare,” said Bridget Wilcox.
- College Degree Helps L.A. Dog Lover Advance In Animal Care Business “I always have the opportunity to talk to pet owners, vet techs, trainers and many companies making progress in the pet care industry," said Killina Benson, an executive assistant at DogVacay in Los Angeles.
- L.A. Remains High-Paying Area For Qualified Kindergarten Teachers Before they are able to become faculty members, instructors are expected to have earned a bachelor's degree in elementary education and to have completed a traditional or alternative teacher preparation program.
- Judicial Assistant In L.A. Helps Courtroom Operations Run Efficiently “I am constantly reading literature and resource materials in all my fields of interest to keep abreast of current trends and developments,” said Fernando Becerra, Jr.
- Demand For Interpreters, Translators Is Skyrocketing, Government Says The government reports that the demand for interpreters and translators is up. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- The Incubator School In L.A. Educates Young, Gifted Entrepreneurs “Education creates the possibility of a different, more equal future,” said Sujata Bhatt, founder of The Incubator School in Los Angeles.