Let's Get To Work Los Angeles
For Your Job Search
- Expert Weighs In On The Benefits Of Internships An interesting and lasting effect of the great rescission is how much employers rely on internships to identify potential job candidates. CBS News' Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Tips For Turning Your Hobby Into A Career Experts note that creative professionals may be the best candidates to morph their hobbies into their careers. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports.
- Job Outlook For L.A.’s MRI Techs Gets A Healthy Diagnosis Julius Wilson, an MRI technologist, says in order for job seekers in Los Angeles to land a lucrative position in this profession, they will need to be computer literate and science-minded.
- L.A.’s Hospitality Industry Targets Masterful Business Managers Dr. Angela Young, a professor at California State University, Los Angeles, says proficient business managers in L.A. are well-rounded, fine-tuned and multi-skilled.
- A Two-Year College In L.A. Will Soon Offer Bachelor’s Degrees By 2016, Santa Monica College will offer a four-year bachelor’s degree program in interaction design, opening many doors of opportunity for educated workers in this top-dollar field.
- Certificate Programs May Boost Your Skills, Potential Earning Power If you're working in a full-time career and don't have the time or lifestyle that would accommodate returning to graduate school, you may want to consider a certificate program. CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger has more.
- Is Working From Home For You? Expert Weighs In You’ve seen the ads and been tantalized by the concept but is working from home for you? CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger weighs in.
- Researchers In L.A. Aim To Mold A New Sustainable Economy Yvonne Yen Liu, a researcher at Economic Roundtable, says tomorrow’s social science analysts in Los Angeles will need to understand the challenges and opportunities within a service-based economy.
- L.A. Job Prospects For Well-Trained Security Guards Are Surging Edmon Muradyan, Owner of Marshall Security and Training Academy, says most businesses in Los Angeles are beefing up their protective forces.
- Homeschooling Places Students Ahead Of The Class In L.A. Los Angeles resident Ursula Lucia says her two children will earn their bachelor’s degrees while in their teens because of her and her husband’s unified commitment to homeschool them.