Let's Get To Work Los Angeles
For Your Job Search
- Expert Weighs In On Ideal Gifts For Job Seekers Are you looking for the perfect gift for a job seeker? CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger has a few ideas.
- Holiday Season May Be An Ideal Time For Job Hunters You may be tempted to suspend your job search for the holidays based on the theory that companies are quiet right now. But as CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger reports, it's quite the opposite!
- Information Security Analysts Are Powerful Forces In L.A. Mike Gardner, says information security analysts with an industry-specific background maintain a strong competitive edge in Los Angeles.
- Criminal Justice Education Helps L.A. Students Secure Jobs Dr. Denise Herz, a professor at California State University, Los Angeles, says the best way to lock down a lasting career within L.A.’s criminal justice system is to seek higher education.
- L.A.’s Meteorologists Rely Heavily On Evolving Technology Steve LaDochy says job opportunities are ample in greater L.A. for tech-savvy meteorologists who are skilled in math, physics and computer science.
- Nonprofits Are Offering New Careers For L.A.'s Job Market CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger offers advice on where to, and how to, look for employment.
- Portraying Santa Claus Is Big Business In L.A. Ed Taylor, one of Los Angeles’ busiest Santa actors, says there are many business opportunities in L.A. for performers that resemble the jolly ol’ elf.
- Jobs For L.A.’s Surgical Technologists Are Rolling In Encino Hospital Medical Center’s Caretta M. James says qualified surgical technologists who are more marketable in Los Angeles are multi-skilled, personable and technologically-adaptable.
- Street Vendors Help Nourish L.A.’s Economic Gain According to the research team at Economic Roundtable, more than 10,000 street vendors work in Los Angeles, generating more than $100 million in annual revenue.
- The Job Outlook For L.A.’s Meteorologists Is Partly Sunny Pierce College’s Jason Finley says today's meteorologists in Los Angeles must understand the prominence of social media and excel in the areas of math, science and computer technology.