LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — Dozens of Dodgers personnel are down for the count, as a number of coaches, trainers and players have been reported sick.

The team is in the middle of training camp at Camelback Ranch in Arizona.

Manager Dave Roberts said 25 players, coaches and trainers were sent home early Wednesday due to the bug going around the clubhouse.

Players affected include Cody Bellinger, Yasiel Puig and Hyun-Jin Ryu.

Roberts had to improvise and come up with an entirely different roster for Wednesday’s spring training game against the San Diego Padres.

“I haven’t seen anything like this,” said Roberts. “It happened overnight.”

Roberts also said the club’s medical staff has set up several air purifiers in the clubhouse to reduce the spread of germs.

Comments (16)
  1. Karen Smith says:

I came here from Drudge too, but I’m just going to say that whatever is going around in the SF Bay Area SUCKS! My son has had it for two weeks and the docs have no clue. My other has it. The docs gave him antibiotics but no clue if they’re working. I now have it, or something, and it’s getting annoying. Starts off with a massive headache then stomach problems then breathing problems and a stuffy nose, congestion. I have asthma and weak lungs so I can’t compare all of my symptoms, but it sure did give me a cough and a sore throat. The headache goes away and then comes back a week later. Been sick since the fires with lung problems, too. Gah! Still working, barely but hanging in there. Thank God I work from home.

1. Antibiotics don’t work on viruses.

2. Happened to my hockey team once: turned out we were all the ones using the ‘team’ water bottles…

3. Kent Lemon says:

It’s no mystery.
    It’s as common as dirt,
    It;s called “Noro virus”

4. The Chinese Communists are infecting select organizations that are critical of the Big Red
    The Dodgers used sarcasm to harass the Cincinnati Red Legs, but the dumb as cra[pp]e Bejing dictatorship thought it was aimed at them.
    So in return, the People’s Republic Propaganda Unit sent 10 cases of Gatorade to the Dodger locker room.
    Stupid clucking Red Chinese Communists!

5. Its called a cold. The flu means fever. If you do not have a fever, it is a cold. It is winter, you crybabies. Jeeeeesh!!

6. Jim Lively says:

Every “Sanctuary” you make without the proper facilities to inoculate exposes EVERYONE to all the sickness you never had, and never developed an immunity to. The fatalities in your state are going to skyrocket, because in return, THEY will not have antibodies for common illness WE no longer get. Like Mumps, Measles, and Polio. Sure they still exist, but very rare to see Americans get them. Wait until little Jose brings Chickenpox home from school. Entire families will be decimated, for Chickenpox in an adult can be FATAl. Even today. You MUST incorporate forced inoculations on the condition of sanctuary. Your ideas and beliefs are starting to put everyone at risk.

7. Jim Dea says:

I’m with Karen Smith. I NEVER get sick, but this year, I keep getting this stomach thing that wakes me up in the middle of the night. This is the third week with it. I know others that are getting different symptoms. That’s the thing about this year. Nobody has the same symptoms.

8. Don Sjulstad says:

It’s just the Dodgers being Dodgers. Think of the disease they must have left when the peed in the D-Backs swimming pool.

9. Susan Vue says:

Open borders has brought diseases & epidemics into the USA.