NEWHALL (CBSLA) — A mattress sparked a small brush fire in Newhall along the 14 Freeway Wednesday night.
The fire was first reported before 9:40 p.m. south of Newhall Avenue. It was apparently sparked by a mattress that got stuck under a car and caught fire.
The flames quickly spread to nearby brush and burned about four acres before firefighters got it under control.
No injuries were reported and no structures were threatened, authorities said.
The right two lanes were closed for the firefight.